Retrieving every thing You had been typing

Discussion in 'Forum Help' started by MrMarty51, Jul 11, 2014.

1. MrMarty51

MrMarty51 Full Member

Ever had that happen ? ? ?
    The other day I had been typing a very lengthy reply, I do`nt remember what hbappened but for some reason, everything I had typed was suddenly gone, OH NOOOOOO ! ! ! !
    Durnburnit, I did`nt want to have to go through all of that again, I am not very good on e keyboard and it takes a lot of time and effort for Me to type in a post, even a short one.
    I tried an experiment, I did a right click in the blank post to topic box, a menu came up, I looked over the choices, at the bottom of the choices was this " Form History " and then another drop down menu appeared, another line with "Restore editor Field" with that was another drop down menu and so I chose the item that I had already typed but lost.
    LO and BEHOLD, there it reappeared, everything I had typed.
    There was several items I had to edit out, some symbols < = and such, but it was all there.
    So, next time You, for some reason, have lost Your new post, give that a try, it will save a lot of frustration.

2 people like this.
  2. poncho62

poncho62 Full Member

semi retired
    Home Page:
    thanks for the tip...I lose stuff all the time....fat fingers

1 person likes this.
  3. chevychase

chevychase Semi-Admin
    Staff Member

SELF EMPLOYED
    I think there is a time limit on post time..admin needs to fix it. I have found if you loose what you started,,just go back to chevy forum.or whatever forum your in.
    Then go back to where you were/post/thread will get a restore saved data icon click on it then finish post. Least it works fer me.

1 person likes this.