Torque question

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Forum' started by truckabuser1, May 22, 2012.

1. truckabuser1

truckabuser1 Senior Member

What's the ft #s at the flywheel? Not the at the ground.. I need figures before the drivetrain does any reduction.

long story short I need numbers to replace a typical SBC in front of a gearbox with a hydraulic motor......hillbilly way to cheat and get shuttleshift... :)
    I plan lathing/machining my own bell or modify something for direct drive.

i'd have to guess nothing more then 200ft#'s, but it's just a ballpark figure, naturally the mid60's with flat top end of deck travel were higher, but i'm looking for an average. or at least a comfirmation. of various era's. i think #'s advertised are rearwheel hp/torque?

edit

i guess i'm looking for input ratings for a np435. searching high and low and can't find input ratings..

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  2. chevychase

chevychase Senior Moderator Staff Member

3. truckabuser1

used find...

torque, foot, ft, lb, lbs, no where on the page....so i'm assuming it doesn't list input shaft, but i may be mistaken and be overlooking it, although that's why i have a habit of using the find tool.

http://www.advanceadapters.com/tech-vault/new-process-435/

some progress, the word engine torque is there, but has N/A next to it....this is actually more difficult then i thought.

and general google of the word torque comes up with idiots that want to know bellhousing bolts, flywhee, etc....

/me shakes his head

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  4. chevychase

Hard one to search ....will try to find no luck yet.

5. chevychase

6. chevychase

Found out a np435 can handle 450lbs of torque max. link would not work.

7. truckabuser1

I have faith in your find. Thanks. Using a pair of cement truck steer axles, plus hinge in the middle, hinge and knuckle cylinders tied with equal flow diverters. Super tight turning. Detroit diesel with 22gpm pump, and case FEL. Yard rig :) shuttle shift with 8.x ratio in reverse, but able.to spin input the other way ill have both directions. And yet be able to dump tfcase in low range for serious creep/precision.

A wild idea. And cheap parts to fix. All of our 1950/60 stuff is getting hard to find.

8. chevychase

Sounds like a plan. Isearched this for another hour no luck . But i know what the inside ..outside.. back side.. front side of a new process435 looks like .
    Except your info sorry.