Vibration between 30 and 40 miles per hour

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Forum' started by s10er97, Feb 17, 2008.

1. s10er97

s10er97 New Member

My truck has started vibrating when i reach 30 miles an hour and wont stop until after 40mph. It drives fine except for the slight vibration. I have changed all the u-joints and the hanger bearing in the drive shaft and it still has not helped. I have no clue on what to do next. Does anyone have an idea?

2. goldfever

goldfever Full Member

hello, thinking could be a tire out of round or unbalanced. uneven wear. check the upper tierods and pinion gaers. i understand that it does this at certain speeds but could be a possability. also when you brake does the truck shimmy or shake? if so the rotors might be warped. just a few things that i have had in the past might help you.
    this might help too to swap the tires around and see if that makes any difference. from the front to rear.offset

3. my83432

my83432 Full Member

Make sure the wheels aren't pack with snow or dirt this will throw the wheels out of balance and cause a vibration.

4. Case 7230

Case 7230 Senior Member

I agree, you probably have a wheel balance problem. Classic speed range for that.

5. keithr0005005

keithr0005005 Senior Member

i agree sounds like the tires are out of balance did any wheel weights fall off?

6. bigblue

bigblue Member

drive shaft balance magents

Check the drive shaft itself. It should have balance magnets on the outside of the shaft somewhere. They kinda look like fat tape strips randomly placed on the shaft.