What brand of truck will you NEVER buy?

Discussion in 'Polls' started by BernieB, Nov 27, 2009.

?

What brand(s) of truck would you NEVER buy?

1. Ford

43 vote(s)
    26.2%
  2. Dodge

45 vote(s)
    27.4%
  3. GMC

10 vote(s)
    6.1%
  4. Chevy

7 vote(s)
    4.3%
  5. Nissan

65 vote(s)
    39.6%
  6. Mazda

87 vote(s)
    53.0%
  7. Toyota

53 vote(s)
    32.3%
  8. Other import (explain in post)

24 vote(s)
    14.6%
  9. Other American (explain in post)

3 vote(s)
    1.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BernieB

BernieB Full Member

#1 BernieB, Nov 27, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
    We already have a "favorite brand" thread, with some good responses, so now I'm curious as to what brand (or brands) of truck you would never buy, and why.

(Note: This is a multiple choice poll. You can choose as many as you want.)

For me, most of the imports simply turn me off, for one reason or another, though I have taken a serious look at Toyotas. And when to comes to American brands, well, I don't much care for some of these new 4 door luxury shortbeds. I see them more as big cars that happen to be missing the trunk lid, not real trucks.

2. hotrodpc

hotrodpc Senior Member

I would like to say I would never buy a Dodge, but I also said I would never buy an import car ever. Do to gas crisis, I did buy my first import car, and the only thing that thru me over the fence to decide to do so, was it was at least assembled in USA with American labor. I would buy a Dodge truck before I'd buy an import truck. But of all vehicles, import or domestic, and can say whole heartedly, I would never ever buy a Nissan vehicle. I do not like the fact they are Relay riddles vehicles. I dated a girl once that had a Nissan, always broke down, step mom had a Nissan, she loved it, it did not break down often, but when it did, it was always very expensive to repair. So my vote went to Nissan !!! Sorry Lukas !!!

3. BernieB

BernieB Full Member

It IS a multiple-choice poll though, so you can vote for as many as you want, or as few. Heck, vote for 'em all and drive a Ranchero if you want. It's all good. ;)

4. poschevy88

poschevy88 Senior Member

heavy equipment tech
    I did not vote because there is really no truck I would not buy if the price were right and it fit my needs. I would try to buy American first but you never know really. I do agree with hotrod though my last desperate grasp would be to buy a Nissan everyone I know of are rattle traps. Sorry Nissan guys, no offense.

Tom

5. Crmzendrgone

Crmzendrgone Senior Member

Mechanic. Mr. MOM
    well I missed seeing the opinion to vote for nissan and toyota but I put inport in there as well as ford. I would never buy a ford cause all the ones my family has had have ALWAYS had issue with as well as friends that I know so that is my reason, now I will take a ford just on the fact it is american. As for the imports NEVER NEVER I am an AMERICAN and I know we are stupid people right now(well some are) but I have pride way to much pride. last resort I would TAKE a toyota but nothing else.

6. Crmzendrgone

Crmzendrgone Senior Member

Mechanic. Mr. MOM
    Oh I would buy a dodge just cause I grew up with them in my family.

7. davbell22602

davbell22602 Senior Member

#7 davbell22602, Nov 28, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
    I would never buy anything from mazda, toyota, nissan, honda,and anything thats not american made. I owned fords, chevys and 1 dodge in my lifetime. I Don't trust liabilty of anything imported.

8. lukasmcdukas

lukasmcdukas Senior Member

Engineer
    if you drove my truck, you'd be singing a different tune :) no harm no foul! i can't say i'd NEVER buy anything... heck i'd even look at a minivan when the time comes for a wifemobile... i cant picture myself buying ANYTHING post-2000 though. and seeing as i just picked up a spare 2.4L engine for my nissan (nothing wrong with the current one, just had an opportunity to get a spare), i dont foresee buying anything new for 10 years or so. i will say i hate the looks of the new fords, chevys, and gmc's. i wouldnt buy a toyota tundra to save my life, and the tacomas after '95 are junk (rust recall). nissan frontier or titan=yuck, mitsubishi raider=ha! good one!. new jeeps=suck, and if i were forced to buy another truck (heaven forbid!) my first search most likely be for another nissan like my current one... maybe a ford ranger/mazda b3000. next would be a 2000 jeep cherokee sport, and then a late 70's ford or early 80s chevy (4.1 straight 6, 3 on the tree like my old one, but with 4wd and no rust). maybe a 90's F150 with the straight 6 (i love straight 6's). maybe one of each :D
    oh and hotrod, i know what your gf's truck's issue was:

9. peterbilt

peterbilt Senior Member

highschool inmate, lol, work with my dad
    dodge, plain and simple. my dad hates them, i hate them. when the first came out with the new power wagon in the 80's, my dad bought one. he said the commercial on tv said they dropped it from 16 feet in the air and it would stay intact. well, thats not true. my dad was hit by a guy in a big old caddy who fell asleep behind the wheel. at 60mph. he flew 14 feet in the air and every **** part on the truck fell off. thank god he was not injured badly. but plain and simple, dodges are bad luck.

[​IMG]

10. lukasmcdukas

lukasmcdukas Senior Member

Engineer
    oh, i forgot to mention i wouldnt buy a dodge because i think the whole company needs to get flushed. and stay flushed. they look and sound nice (the rams, anyway) but i hate all that they stand for. everyone i know that owns one bought them cuz the were big and loud. "dont you hate that you average 15mpg?" "yeah but at least i look good in it, and it sounds
    SOOOO mean" <---- TOOL. if you want a muscle car, buy a muscle car. dont buy a 6passenger truck that sounds like one and call it even. and dont even get me started on the HEMI durangos. if God really wanted trophy wives to roll to and from the hair salon on that kind of horsepower in a moving lobster trap, he would've had Moses write an 11th commandment to state it specifically.