What truck should I buy??

Discussion in 'General Truck Forum' started by Jd21476, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Jd21476

Jd21476 New Member

I am looking to buy my first pick up truck and I have been looking around for a little while and I am undecided.

Can you help?

Budget: $50 - 55k
    Family: 3 kids
    Daily driver
    Want 4 wheel drive cause I tow some jet skis every now and then
    Like the short bed
    Only need a 1/4 ton

I did see a Ford F-150 with some graphics and a cool black and red interior that was nice but Im hesitant cause I can totally see the stickers peeling or fading in a few years.

I also like the new Raptor but I cant justify the proce for a truck I am never going to take off road. The Ram Rebel looks nice.

2. MrMarty51

MrMarty51 Full Member

CHEVY

LAH and gmctrucks like this.
  3. poncho62

poncho62 Full Member

semi retired
    Home Page:
    With that budget, you have plenty of choices.......I agree with Marty on the GM product, but we are both GM guys.......lol
    One suggestion I will make is to go with a full sized truck rather than those little guys. Get an F150, Chevy 1500 or whatever.....they get just as good mpg as a smaller truck and are roomier and will ride and tow better

gmctrucks and MrMarty51 like this.
  4. Jd21476

Jd21476 New Member

I meant to mention that I did want a full size. I like the look of the GMC Sierra. The Ram is a good deal. What about those?

5. leolkfrm

leolkfrm Full Member

call mario at lazy days...they have a 2015 with 35000 miles, crew cab, short box, z71, duramax, for less then 50

6. Jd21476

Jd21476 New Member

That sounds nice but Im technically not ready to buy yet. i have a VW Diesel that will be going back to the dealer in the next 8 weeks so I am starting to shop.

7. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

I suggest a dark interior color so it will look better longer instead of a light tan color and the carpet as well and for a exterior color don't go with a dark color like black or maroon because in no time swirl marks will show up on the paint and like getting example a white one it stays cleaner longer especially when dust gets on it and so on I have also heard that the Ford Ecoboost has had its share of problems so with all that I would get a GM truck and if you buy one that has low miles you won't take the hit of loosing a lot of money like the first owner did another thing if you get a truck with a posi- track my buddy does that with his big boat.
    Good luck! GMC

Welcome to the forum and Howdy from Texas.

MrMarty51 likes this.
  8. MrMarty51

MrMarty51 Full Member

The Dodge rams are a good outfit too, the diesels holds their value a lot better than the gassers.
    As Leo stated, the Duramax is good too, as good as the Dodge and they too holds their value.
    Fords, Toyotas etc; when You go to get rid of them, they do not hold the value like the GM, gas or diesel and the Dodge Diesels.
    My brother had a ford with the eco boost thing and He got rid of that, it was having issues and was out of warranty, He did not go back to ford.

gmctrucks likes this.
  9. Kennyray

Kennyray Moderator
    Staff Member

Maintenance
    Bottom line.... get what would serve you best.

leolkfrm, MrMarty51 and gmctrucks like this.
  10. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

As Mr Marty wrote Dodge Cummings are good now I know they have a smaller Cummings engine now on some trucks but I don't know if it as reliable as the six cylinder engine now the diesel trucks cost more but they last a long time and get much better mileage in fact my brothers friend went with the GM 6.0 engine now he regrets it because he's getting like nine mpg so he's getting rid of it and as Kennyray wrote get what will serve you best which is % right.
    Good luck! GMC

leolkfrm and MrMarty51 like this.