1500 Hp Sandrail

Discussion in '4x4 trucks / off road' started by MikeG, Feb 12, 2018.

1. MikeG

MikeG Full Member

Wind Turbine Technician
    gmctrucks likes this.
  2. dirtrider73068

dirtrider73068 Senior Moderator
    Staff Member

sales associate
    I hate sandrails aka dune buggy. They do nothing more than tear up the dunes and leave big ruts that send a 4 wheeler tumbling when they hit one, plus make it so dam rough you can't enjoy the dunes in anything smaller than a dune buggy. I jsut laugh when when he said it just wheelied, thats not horsepower doing that thats weight placement, there is no weight in the front end all the weight is in the rear of course its going to wheelie when you gas it.

The do look fun and am sure fun to drive, but I still hate them.

3. MikeG

MikeG Full Member

Wind Turbine Technician
    LOL! Tell me how you really feel, dr.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

What I didn’t mention was that clip was shot in Dubai. They have plenty of Dune to share. Lol

gmctrucks likes this.
  4. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

I like it I’m sure some dunes are protected but if its a free for all do it.

WideTheF#%Open and MikeG like this.
  5. MikeG

MikeG Full Member

Wind Turbine Technician
    I definitely agree with DR about areas being ruined. It does suc when you can’t enjoy your hobby because of others being careless. But in a country that is full of open desert, Tear it up! There will be a Sand Storm that blows through soon enough and makes everything disappear. Lol! There should definitely be areas that are protected when the land isn’t that vast.

WideTheF#%Open and gmctrucks like this.
  6. dirtrider73068

dirtrider73068 Senior Moderator
    Staff Member

sales associate
    Well here in Oklahoma we have a sand park called Little Sahara its about 1200 acres, not real big but big enough to have some fun for a couple days or so. Alot of buggies go out there in the open spaces and rip it up then you come blasting wide open and hit a buggie rut and it abouts throws you over the handlebars and hurts too it jars you big time. If lucky the wind blows here enough it can smooth them out, but when we go we load up and ship out on a sun by the time we get there the weekend crowds are gone and we are pretty much all alone. But the first ride mon morn if the wind hasn't come up its rough as hel.l. But its not fun to ride sand dunes when the wind sandlbast your face either.

WideTheF#%Open, gmctrucks and MikeG like this.
  7. WideTheF#%Open

WideTheF#%Open Full Member

Left Lane Cowboy & Truck Driving Hero
    That would be fun at Glamis, but only on uncrowded days... the dunes at Glamis can be dangerous when it's crowded, people flying off dune tops and landing on other vehicles or riders. Those little flags help, but you can't see through the dunes... some wanker might be heading your way at full speed and ya won't know it till he flies over the dune top. I know some people have been seriously hurt and even killed out there on crowded weekends, and that place DOES get crowded on holiday weekends, sometimes as many as 100,000+ people out there. I remember reading that over a million people visited Glamis during the winter riding season, but holiday weekends were the worst... WAY too many people. I like riding in areas that have few or no people, it's safer that way, except for when I eat $h!t and thrash my knee on Rim Road 300, LOL. :confused:

MikeG likes this.