1963 International pick up

Discussion in 'Other Trucks' started by bodean, Mar 6, 2010.

1. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

On the model A what is she asking for it $$$$ and do you have pictures of it? I have always like IH trucks I guess because I worked at a IH dealership and we also had some of there trucks. Does the truck have any rust? We had a Travelall like the one below but it wasn't a ambulance but we called it that.
    YouTube - The ghostmobile, part 2 My dad put a carb from a ambulance on it and my brother said that thing would move in fact in Corpus when we lived there was a old landing strip and cars would race there well he would line up with them and at top end he would beat them.

2. bodean

bodean Senior Member

Chemical Lab Tech
    This is what I have determined so far;
    There is no spark from the coil wire going to the distributor. There is current at both small wires connected to the coil, and at the base of the distributor.

There is a crack in the intake manifold just below the carburetor. Looks to have been there for a while and may have been there when father-in-law purchased it.

The tank and or carburetor will need to be cleaned.

The clutch slave cylinder will need rebuilt.

The floor pans will need new metal added.

The body is basically sound all over, but does have some light bubbling in the normal areas.

The bed is very solid inside and out, and is not beat up.

The brakes, lights, signals work.

The mileage stated on the bill of sale is 55,621 and according to the wear on the rubber pedal pads, that was correct. It now has 55,721 miles showing.

The tires have lots of tread left and hold air, but are over 15 years old.

This would make an excellent restoration or hot rod project.

I'm selling the truck as it sits for $2000. You can see photos of it above in an earlier post. If you need more, then send me your email via a pm and I'll get them to you.

Stan

3. bodean

bodean Senior Member

Chemical Lab Tech
    That's a neat old wagon. Not too many of those around. As for the A model, we will need to see if it still runs. F-I-L bought it from a the original owner about 25 years ago, and it spent most of it's time before that in a local museum. It has the original paint and tires. Although he has not started it within the last 10 years that I know of, he has kept the engine turned over via the crank handle. It is a 2 dr coupe, but no rumble seat. We will price it and post pictures once we know more about it, but M-I-L says not less than $10k at this point.

Stan

4. stevec

stevec New Member

Nice looking truck. I just purchased a IH C-130 (i think a C-132). It is a 1961 (according to the chassis serial number) dually. Just purchased it last Friday.

I have a question or two for you:

Does your truck have split rims or regular rims?
    What size tires does it have?

The reason i ask is that mine has split rims and two of the back wheels are off and need new tires but i do not think the tires that are on the other rims are correct - they seem to be different sizes.

Mine will run, very little rust and will be a restoration project. Oh, btw: I like the engine picture - maine had the air cleaner off like yours, it is on the floor in the passenger side!

Steve

5. bodean

bodean Senior Member

Chemical Lab Tech
    No split rims on my old truck. I was told by a neighbor that it was actually a 1/4 ton, and the engine is an SD-220 in-line six.

Stan

6. Rob Cook

Rob Cook Member

hey that was the best truck from the 60's. if you dont have any financial problem than dont sell this old classic model.

7. bodean

bodean Senior Member

Chemical Lab Tech
    Too late, Rob. I sold it already to a feller up in MN. I'm sure it's in great hands and will be better off in his hands than mine.

Stan

8. Lonesome7.3

Lonesome7.3 Full Member

You are not that far from me. I will like to see what you have when I get in a better position.

9. bigun

bigun Full Member

had a 65' D1000 stepside, BG241 6 cylinder, truck was tough as nails but hard to find parts for especially if you didn't have a line sheet or build sheet and butt ugly, I loved that truck

10. chevyguy

chevyguy Senior Member

professional blimp pilot and rodeo clown
    I have opne in Oklahoma with a 304 v8 and 4 speed. Sad really the truck is just sitting and going to waste. I havent started it in about 10 years. Should sell it. My grandfather gave it to me , Still has the split rims on the back axle.