2005 trucks

Discussion in '4x4 trucks / off road' started by Trey, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Trey

Trey New Member

Right now I’m in a rock in a hard place. Right now I have a 2005 F250 with a 5.4 motor in it sitting on 35s with a 4 inch lift I bought this truck like that a few years ago and have been wanting some more power. I know I could put gears in it and bring it back to stock but I also have the option of buying a Chevy Silverado with a 6.0 that is also a 2005 and has the same miles on it as my truck. Which should I get? If I put gears in my truck will it compare to the stock Chevy Silverado. (I’ve drove my dads Silverado before and like the poet it has but I’ve never drove a stock f250 mines always had a lift) I don’t wanna get rid of my lift or tired either. The options are gears in the ford or sell it and get the Chevy of the same year. Thanks for any advice y’all give

2. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

I’m a GM man but your Ford is paid for just put gears much cheaper and for my advise PM me so I can give my address for my bill no really keep the Ford they are good.

Many moons ago my dad sold his Ford truck to my cousin because he bought a new Ford (again) well now the truck has over 300k and it’s still doing good and it’s on the same Transmision that’s more than I can say for my trucks 4L60e Transmision.

3. Trey

Trey New Member

That’s what I’m probably going to do. The motor in this truck also only has 24,000 miles and the rest of the body has 124,000 miles. The owner before me blew the motor up in it

gmctrucks likes this.
  4. dirtrider73068

dirtrider73068 Senior Moderator
    Staff Member

sales associate
    That chevy 6.0 is a major gas hog, will run fast pass everything out there but a gas station then it needs a expensive drink. My dad a chevy with the 6.0 it ran good but he got tired pretty quick filling it up all the time.

gmctrucks likes this.