ancient electronic ignition

Discussion in 'Dodge Truck Forum' started by 69winnebago, Jul 20, 2018.

1. 69winnebago

69winnebago New Member

retired Aircraft/Airline mechanic,machinist.
    hey folks....I have a 1969 Winnebago 22ft motorhome...classic "brow"model with dodge truck chassis....It has a 318,a727 powertrain, and an original electronic ignition. Its such an early version that it has a stock dist cap, and vacuum advance and coil, but the "standard" reluctor under the cap and the typical chrysler plug-in electronic ignition box on the firewall. It has performed flawlessly for almost 50 years....but....I'm no longer gonna "slap-the-snake". Both Jegs, AND Summit has a replacement "kit", which includes the distributor,hei box,harness,ballast resistor,and cap,etc. VAST DIFFERENCE in $$$$ though. Summit has "PROFORM" p/n 66995(but has no coil) for $135.......while JEGS has a similar kit p/n 40500K2 for $240...My experience has been that Jegs is ALWAYS more $$$$ than SUMMIT.....BUT, am I missing something here? Has anybody here used either of these conversion kits? If so ,comments please. Next summer, I'm going to alaska again, and dont wanna be stuck 125miles from kumdump B.C. if it takes a krap... Anyone know?

2. 69winnebago

69winnebago New Member

retired Aircraft/Airline mechanic,machinist.
    Also, like to hear from folks using solar power, especially the "flexible" panels.....thanks