Control arm bushings

Discussion in '4x4 trucks / off road' started by Bad88, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Bad88

Bad88 Full Member

The info I am providing my be old news to you guys but I thought I would share anyway.

I have a '88 K1500 and it has a body and chassis lift installed.

I am rebuilding the front end and need new upper control arm bushings. This lift kit is a Rough Country Suspension kit and they do not make the A arms in this style anymore nor do they have replacement bushings. I was able to (finally) find out who their supplier was.

Rough Country Suspension gets their stuff from Daystar Suspension. I called and spoke with Mike (at Daystar) 1-800-595-7659. Mike was very helpful and turned me on to one of their distributors; Valley Spring Service in Arizona. (602) 275-0445.

Luckily, Valley Spring can still get (from Daystar but Daystar does not sell to consumers direct) the bushings I need in poly and they can make the 4 steel sleeves I need.

Apparently, Valley Spring can do several things so I will check out their website a little better.

Here's the bottom line: I expect to pay no more than $125 for everything I need. That is a far cry from the $299.95 for each new upper control arm!

Hopefully these two resources will help someone else.

3 people like this.
  2. chevychase

chevychase Semi-Admin
    Staff Member

SELF EMPLOYED
    Yes sir auto parts tear you off!! Online only way to purchase parts..and other needed items..bought a carb. for my riding mower today..$102...others wantd $250..expensive
    but it has fuel shut off built into it..as not to go BANG BANG POW when shut off. Yes i could have bought 1 without shut off..but wanted to keep shutoff.
    Thanks for the info bad bud.

1 person likes this.
  3. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

Bad88 that was awesome for you turning us on with the ifo you found out and how to save some mula.
    Thanks! GMC ☺

1 person likes this.
  4. Bad88

Bad88 Full Member

Bushings and sleeves for both upper control arm are on the way o me! Only cost $68! Big relief that I was able to get these and not have to shell out $680 for new control arms. Whew.

1 person likes this.
  5. Bad88

Bad88 Full Member

Got them and installed!

1 person likes this.