Diesel truck super info

Discussion in 'General Truck Forum' started by gmctrucks, Feb 17, 2018.

1. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

Hey guys my brothers truck all of a sudden started to have blow by and it used oil when it never did well he had a nightmare having the injectors changed never buy other than Bosch injectors well his injector or more might have a bad injector tube look at the videos I found for him I bet his truck has this wrong with it and I hope it helps him and others here or share these vids with people.

MikeG likes this.
  2. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

Guys my bro’s truck is being worked on they are going to replace the head gaskets because the 2004 has had problems with them and the tech is going to check the tubes and washers on the injectors and check the head gaskets oh one of the head gaskets is pushing compression out to the inner fender well it’s just a tad but it could be shooting compression into the cylinder as well that’s the by-blow it has now I will let you guys know and if you haven’t seen the vids above check them out there have good info.

Guys I get lost on You Tube looking at vids how the times have changed by having the internet one can look up so many things take pics if we’re workimg on something which back in the day one would have to draw a picture. :rofl:

MikeG likes this.
  3. dirtrider73068

dirtrider73068 Senior Moderator
    Staff Member

sales associate
    I live on youtube alot when nothing is on tv, alot of great videos more so how to, thats where I get alot of my fix it knowledge.

gmctrucks likes this.
  4. leolkfrm

leolkfrm Full Member

my lb7 is currently getting a new injection pump, waiting for the dealer to call

there was 200,000 mi 10 yr freebee period on injectors and glo plugs

gmctrucks likes this.
  5. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

6. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

Guys when I went down to see my kin folks I seen one of the injector tubes sure enough the washer had messed up and compression was going into the crack case that’s why the engine had so much blow by so he replaced all of them so the truck has 267k and I’m sure it’s going to be good for a lot more miles well guys I hope the thread helps one of you guys I like to share info so we can all learn about things.

dirtrider I’m like you I get lost in seeing videos on You Tube

7. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

Guys I hope this helps someone that might run into this problem NOW on my brothers truck the washer that seals in the bottom of the sleeve on the injector was either loose or it was bad causing compression to go into the crank case he was even loosing a little antifreeze that stopped as well once he replaced it another thing the 2004 head gaskets go bad and I read it was because of so much heat in the back of the engine due to the exhaust routing so he should go for a long time more on his engine since it has new sleeves and washer seals and head gaskets.