"Got Chrome??? How about Armor???"

Discussion in 'General Truck Forum' started by Railsplitter, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Railsplitter

Railsplitter Auto Banned

Truck Driving... what else?
    Whoa, just saw the classic video of some Chinese pedestrian narrowly avoiding getting WHACKED as a car and truck collided right in front of the dude, then split apart and missed the pedestrian by inches (or maybe a few feet). :applaud: THAT FREAKIN' ********** NEEDS TO BUY A CHINESE LOTTERY TICKET, PRONTO, LOL. :rofl:

2. Railsplitter

Railsplitter Auto Banned

Gotta refresh this thread also, for the same reason... told some hands at another site about the radical climbing and mountaineering shots to be found in this thread. Oh, yeah, and the truck camping too, LOL. :bow:

3. Railsplitter

Railsplitter Auto Banned

Hmm... time to refresh this thread for my "Good Internet Friends" at other websites, LOL. :applaud: Whoa, did y'all hear that? Not ONLY was it a cold beer calling my name, I could swear upon a stack of old ROCK & ICE magazines that those pizza ingredients were SINGING IN CHORUS to me from the fridge, LOL. :rofl: :no: :help: Reckon I'll go burn some MMJ (medical, one hit puts ya in a wheelchair, LOL), then get down to BRASS TACKS while slapping together these burly pizza pies... same way I slap crack hos in my alternate Star Trek life as a seaside ghetto pimp, LOL. :no: :help: :no: Oh, and Mr. C, your pizza pie will actually HAVE about a pound of BRASS TACKS on it, BWAHAHAHAHA!!! No worries, think of 'em as FIBER, or even as ROUGHAGE, and you'll be alright... those golf-ball-sized hemorrhoids of yours might not like 'em too much, but you can cross that bridge when ya gets to it, "C'MON?!?!?" :rofl: :no: :help: For those who might ask how I know the dimensions of said 'roids, I ACCIDENTALLY saw 'em on a scary YouTube video, 10-4??? Traumatized and mentally scarred for life too, I'm ready to book my gig on Jerry Springer and get it over with before I DIE, YEAH?!? :rofl: :no: :help: Dang, I'm having too much fun here... "THERE OUGHT TO BE A LAW, BY GOD!!!" Driving a keyboard while intoxicated, or some such STOOPID LEGISLATION, LOL. Alright, I'm done here, time to whip out the ol' sausage and commence cooking the CUSTOM DEEP-DISH PIZZA, WOOHOO!!! :rofl: :woot: :applaud:

4. WideTheF#%Open

WideTheF#%Open Full Member

Left Lane Cowboy & Truck Driving Hero
    Time to resurrect this thread from the dead... I had forgotten how many cool road shots there are in these web pages. :btruck:

5. WideTheF#%Open

Talking about trucking led me to resurrect this thread from the dead, LOL... :eek:

6. WideTheF#%Open

WOCKA WOCKA WOCKA WOCKA WOCKA... LOL. :btruck:

7. WideTheF#%Open

I was half-asleep early this morning when my mind turned way back to an encounter with an old hand out on the road... this guy worked for the same trucking outfit in Kansas City, and we both happened to be in the yard at the same time. My tractor had some minor problem the shop mechanics were fixing, while this hand's loaded wagon needed a replacement tire. So with those vehicles in the shop, we jumped in this guy's tractor to go grab some lunch at a nearby burger joint.

While we were rolling the few short blocks to the restaurant, I noticed a small knife tucked into the sleeve flap of this hand's visor... the hand saw me looking at this object, and he told me, "That's my seatbelt knife." I was a bit green at the time, so I gave him a puzzled expression. He went on to explain the purpose of the small razor-sharp knife, which was already open and ready for immediate use: "If I'm ever in a bad wreck and I'm hurt or the truck is crumpled to the point where I can't reach my seatbelt latch, this knife might very well save my life by allowing me to cut myself free."

I thought that was a pretty good idea, because ya just never know what might happen on the road... you can be the world's safest driver, wholly defensive every moment you spend behind the wheel, but you never know when some jacked-up methhead is about to run a red light and smash into you at high speed, especially at an intersection where visibility is limited. Or maybe you get caught in fog or other bad weather out on the highway, and suddenly bad things start happening. Might not be a bad idea for some of youse heroes to heed that experienced hand's advice...

Just take a small but sturdy and razor-sharp knife, flip it open if it's a clasp knife, and tuck it into that sleeve flap found on your visor. Orient the knife in such a way that if you're ever involved in a bad wreck, you can easily reach the handle... provided you're not so badly injured that you can't move anyway. Just a helpful tip from an old hand with years and years of truck driving experience. If you don't have a sleeve flap on your visor, find another location within easy reach and secure the blade in such a way that it won't stab you in a "horror smash" (Aussie slang for heller wreck).

THAT'S ALL I GOT, I'M BACK TO MY COLLEGE BALLGAME... JUST FIGURED I'D SHARE THAT TIP WITH Y'ALL IN CASE ANY OF YOU ARE INTERESTED.

I ONCE SAW A ROLLOVER WRECK ENGULFED IN FLAMES, THE OCCUPANTS SCREAMING AS THEY BURNED TO DEATH, AND I SOMETIMES WONDER IF THOSE POOR SOULS COULDN'T REACH THEIR BELT LATCHES IN TIME. :eek:

8. WideTheF#%Open

#358 WideTheF#%Open, Oct 29, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
    Skins are gettin' thrashed by the Cowboys, LOL... PC queers are gnashing their teeth, no doubt. Just a quick post here to tell y'all that we're doing Halloween right this year: gonna buy one of those skeletons at WallyWorld and hang that poor b@stard old school pirate-style from a tree limb out front, then install that Laser Star Magic thingamabob I bought on sale at the Depot after Christmas last time around, that and the skeleton swingin' in the breeze should bring the local kids to our door, LOL. Actually, we'll probably just have another campfire out front, pull another pit roast fiesta while we're slingin' candy to all visitors, aye? No moonshine or other alcohol allowed for the kiddies, LOL... no pit roast either, for that matter, hafta bust out the bullwhips & cattle prods to keep the varmints at bay, 10-4? :eek:

Y'ALL BE GOOD, I'M BACK TO THIS COWBOYS THRASHFEST, THE INJUNS AREN'T DOING SO HOT, LOL... :confused:

HOLY CR@P, THE SKINS JUST SCORED!!! DAMNED COWBOYS BETTER EASE UP ON THAT ROTGUT WHISKEY... :police:

9. WideTheF#%Open

"And now for some REAL TRUCKS..." :eek: LOL, I'm off to watch some entertainment, beer in hand, it's a sh!tty job but SOMEBODY has to do it, "10-DASH-F$%#G-FO'???" :woot:

10. WideTheF#%Open

Don't wanna block DR's thread down there while he's grieving, saw a few trucks and cars today at a shop on the Deuce, so I snapped a few pics:

IMG_1455.JPG
    IMG_1456.JPG
    IMG_1457.JPG
    IMG_1458.JPG
    IMG_1459.JPG
    IMG_1442.JPG

Flintstone model, no drive shaft, LOL... I should've taken a closer pic of the "For Sale" sign, what does that say, it's a Ford? Here are some more rigs in the lot:

IMG_1449.JPG
    IMG_1450.JPG
    IMG_1451.JPG
    IMG_1452.JPG

Got one more round of pics, comin' right up, LOL... :btruck:

MikeG likes this.