"Got Chrome??? How about Armor???"

Discussion in 'General Truck Forum' started by Railsplitter, Dec 20, 2010.

1. WideTheF#%Open

WideTheF#%Open Full Member

Left Lane Cowboy & Truck Driving Hero
    #411 WideTheF#%Open, Aug 28, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    If I buy the lifted disco truck I want, I won't have enough money left to buy a house, LOL... :eek:

2. WideTheF#%Open

Hmm... double posting problem. :confused:

3. WideTheF#%Open

#413 WideTheF#%Open, Aug 31, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    I was just talking about quality headgear for sailing at another site, figured I'd post the same link here... this outfit makes all sorts of hats for field use, as well as some just for stylin' it, LOL. You admin personnel, this is not a spam link, just a way for folks to pick up quality headgear that'll last in the field. Hunters, fishermen, hikers, campers, bikers, other sportsmen & sportswomen, if ya can't find a kick@$$ hat amongst this collection, you ain't tryin' hard enough, LOL. I think I'll pick up a Civil War Rebel Officer's Hat for sailing once I relocate, I'm sure that'll go over well in the PNW, CHEERS!!! :eek:

www.henschelhats.com/new/e-catalog/

P.S. Gotta give the site a little time to load pics, there are a sh!tload of hats for sale at Henschel, LOL... best hat I ever owned for field use, and I ain't no friggin' shill either, just a hand who spends time in the field, 10-4? :rolleyes:

4. WideTheF#%Open

Greetings from Aberdeen, WA, Meth Capital of the PNW!!!

You were right, MikeG, there ARE a bunch of shuffling crackerheads on the streets of this burg, thankfully I won't be living here, I'm just using it as a temporary base of operations. I'm forted up in some funky fleabag motel right now, all that's missing are the cries of jungle fowl in the background... the cockroaches here hold union meetings, no lie, they (almost) kept me awake with their jabbering last night. This motel is nasty, the beds reek of urine & Febreze, I didn't even sleep in 'em, just brought in my field gear and laid sleeping pads across the bottom of one bed, atop the covers, LOL... as far from funky stains as I could get. No worries, I'll soon be camping, rain or no rain, just gotta get the rental truck unloaded, cats are already in their temporary boarding place.

Hey, it rained IN the cab of the rental truck yesterday, door seal was MIA or KIA, 10-4? More SitReps to come, gotta knock out some tasks today, even though my shoulder is giving me hell... I had to break down and load the goddam pool table myself in AZ, thing was a BEAST, but the f#%r is here now, and Friend Doug will help me reassemble it later, just gotta get it into storage for the next month or so. Might as well make it one of those heated storage units, I reckon mold & mildew are BIG problems up here. Saw the most beautiful rainbow yesterday, thing was brighter than a goddam neon sign... a good omen, perhaps, though at the time I was growling over the last of the ugly trip, LOL.

MEH, IT'S DONE, I HAD FORGOTTEN WHAT A HELLHOLE PORTLAND IS, BUT THE DRIVE DOWN THE COLUMBIA RIVER GORGE WAS COOL... WITH LUCK, PORTLAND IS THE LAST CITY I EVER SEE, LOL. WHAT A GODAWFUL DUMP... :eek:

MikeG likes this.
  5. MikeG

MikeG Full Member

Wind Turbine Technician
    Did you come down 84 near Arlington, Oregon?? That’s where I work.

I’m glad you made it safe and sound. You might want to wear a full body condom while you’re in that room. Or maybe at least get a Tetanus shot!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

WideTheF#%Open likes this.
  6. WideTheF#%Open

#416 WideTheF#%Open, Sep 13, 2018 at 9:00 AM
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2018 at 9:13 AM
    AP TARDS---THE WESTERN FRONT, ABERDEEN: I can still hear the ack-ack guns and .50-cal.s in the distance as mop-up operations continue. Fierce fighting between motel guests and a veritable army of cockroaches came to a fiery head when a flight of A-10s napalmed the western end of the building at 0300 this morning. The screams of dying roaches will haunt me to my last day on this planet... I'm ready to book my gig on Jerry Springer, maybe he can help by recommending a good therapist, someone who solves this sort of problem for under $20. Cats are now in boarding, my household goods in secure storage, the rental truck & tow dolly to be dropped at a Budget yard over in Olympia... this will free me to leave the horrendous fleabag motel and establish Base Camp in a primo forest campground here in Grays Harbor County, at which point I will be able to tour homes for sale. Once I sign paperwork on a home and cough up the money, I start camping up and down the Olympic Peninsula, a day or two at the beach, a day or two in the mountains, whiling away time as escrow closes. Having survived two days of intense combat between man and insect, there is no doubt in my mind that my beautiful upcoming camping trip will occasionally be interrupted by traumatic nightmares of a towering ten-foot-tall roach grabbing me by my shirt front, hoisting me up on my tiptoes, and growling: "GOT A F#%NG PROBLEM, BUD?!?!??" :eek:

But I will soldier on in USA INF fashion, those boyz are the REAL HEROES of this story---if it weren't for their grunt work, rifles & flame-throwers, there might be a different ending to this tale of motel horror. In truth, there were a number of human casualties during this battle, including a few Kalifornia tourists and some long-haul truck drivers out of Jersey City, NJ, another hellhole where fighting between man & cockroach continues to this day. I was told this morning by a weary grime-blackened-and-combat-hardened Infantry squad that the truckers died heroically, hurling full gallon p!$$ jugs at several divisions of roaches and cursing like sailors right to the very end, when they were consumed by apocalyptic fire as the napalm hit. God bless those poor truckers & their grieving families... I just don't know how they can handle the anguish and the grief. I may see them sitting next to me during the Jerry Springer gig---not the dead truckers whose ashes have now been scattered by wind & rain, but the grieving family members holding hands out toward Jerry (for their six-figure checks). War is a terrible thing, I tell you... its effects last long after the fighting ceases, but I found some solace at the nearest WA weed dispensary, where I purchased some kick@$$ buds for my camping trip. WTF, I'll be working rehab on the fixer I buy for at least a month, so I figured, "WHY NOT GET STONED IN THE FOREST, OR ON THE BEACH FOR THAT MATTER?!?!? :rolleyes:

It's a $h!tty assignment, that's for sure, but SOMEBODY has to do it... now that I have a little money set aside in the bank, I can outfit myself in REAL combat gear and tackle the grueling 2-to-3-week camping trip ahead. Note to self: check the web for mountain shops and gear outfitters in or near Olympia, WA. Yes, it'll be tough, roughing it in the field... drinking beer, burning thick-@$$ steaks, and smoking that chronic for dessert. Got myself some Tiger Balm and lidocaine patches for the shoulder injury I sustained, no worries there... the weed will take the edge off as I recuperate. I even took some photos of the par-tay materials in question: I have no doubt that when I smoke that Sasquatch cr@p, I'll see one of those critters lurking in the forest near my campsite. I'll hafta keep an eye on the b@stard, next thing ya know he'll be stealing beer out of my ginormous loaded cooler. Damn Sasquatches, they're almost as bad as the roaches in this Aberdeen motel, though the roaches work in numbers for greater effect. I had a hard time when I was cornered in a stairwell, both routes blocked and some burly roaches threatening me... they wanted my wallet, but I managed to escape by tossing a greasy pizza box off the stairs as a distraction, pieces of crust rattling around inside and drawing the roaches away from me. I bolted for my room, where I locked myself in and grabbed another cold one outta my cooler... a close call indeed. MEH, HERE ARE THE WEED PICS:

IMG_3634.JPG IMG_3635.JPG IMG_3636.JPG IMG_3633.JPG IMG_3637.JPG IMG_3632.JPG IMG_3638.JPG

THAT LAST PIC IS OF THE BEER I BOUGHT TO CUT THE TRAIL DUST AFTER MY TRIP FROM ARIZONA... PRETTY GOOD $H!T, MAYNARD!!! Y'ALL HANG LOOSE, MORE SITREPS TO COME AS I KNOCK OUT THIS ADVENTURE!!!

P.S. FORGOT TO POST THESE SHOTS OF A WELLS FARGO BRANCH IN PINETOP, AZ... EVIDENTLY, SKATEBOARDING IS STILL A CRIME THERE:

IMG_3681.JPG IMG_3682.JPG IMG_3680.JPG

OVER & OUT, "THE RAILSPLITTER"

CALL SIGN "DELTA VICTOR" (for DOMESTIC VIOLENCE) :confused:

7. WideTheF#%Open

Having a blast camping, went to look at a fixer today... awesome property, over an acre of primo land, but the trailer needs work. It has potential with a nice metal roof, huge living room for the pool table, etc., but it needs flooring, some drywall in sections, new paint all around, new decks built outside, blah, blah, blah. I told the realtor gal to lowball the bank (owner) with a bid for $40K, that would make it worthwhile despite the necessary rehab work. If they don't come down in price, p!$$ on 'em: "NE-E-EXXXXT!!!!!

Gonna spend another night in the forest campground you see in these pics, manana I drive to the ocean and camp on the beach, WOOHOO!!!!! The forest camping is great, especially if your tent is under the cover of tall trees... it can be raining in the clearings, but you're bone dry as ya sit in a comfy oversized camp chair and swill Deschutes Mirror Pond Pale Ale (goddam delicious). I wrapped up the evening last night with an Elysian Dragonstooth Stout, that is one primo beer, just downright tasty, LOL.

I'm grilling choice cuts and eating like a king, Boyz!!! Sleeping on the pads in my tent was like joining the Aaaarrrgghmy all over again, only they didn't have cold beer, gourmet grinds & heller chronic in the Infantry, LOL. Well, I take that back, some troops brought weed into the field and occasionally burned it, I always thought it was too much of a bust with the NCOs around. Anyway, here are pics of various stuff, don't be fooled by the clouds, when the sun shines it is awesome here in God's Country:

IMG_3763.JPG IMG_3764.JPG IMG_3765.JPG IMG_3768.JPG IMG_3769.JPG IMG_3770.JPG IMG_3772.JPG IMG_3773.JPG IMG_3774.JPG IMG_3775.JPG

I'LL TRY TO TAKE PICS WHEN THE SUN IS SHINING... IT'S SO GOOD, I FORGET TO GRAB THE CAMERA, LOL. :confused:

8. WideTheF#%Open

Round #2 of pics:

IMG_3776.JPG IMG_3777.JPG IMG_3778.JPG IMG_3779.JPG IMG_3780.JPG IMG_3781.JPG IMG_3782.JPG IMG_3788.JPG IMG_3789.JPG IMG_3790.JPG

IT, THOSE FORD PICS ARE FOR YOU, LOL... :eek:

9. WideTheF#%Open

Round #3 of pics:

IMG_3783.JPG IMG_3784.JPG IMG_3785.JPG IMG_3786.JPG IMG_3787.JPG IMG_3791.JPG IMG_3792.JPG IMG_3793.JPG IMG_3794.JPG

Attached Files:

10. WideTheF#%Open

Round #4 of pics:

IMG_3796.JPG IMG_3798.JPG IMG_3799.JPG IMG_3801.JPG IMG_3802.JPG IMG_3809.JPG IMG_3810.JPG IMG_3812.JPG IMG_3813.JPG IMG_3814.JPG

IT, THAT'S YOUR NEW FISHING BOAT IN THE WATER... AN EVEN GRAND AND SHE'S YOURS, LOL. I'LL TAKE ONE OF THE CATAMARANS, MAYBE THE ONE WITH THE RIG. HEY, MIKEG, I FOUND A TRUCK!!! LOL... :rolleyes: