"Got Chrome??? How about Armor???"

Discussion in 'General Truck Forum' started by Railsplitter, Dec 20, 2010.

1. MikeG

MikeG Full Member

Wind Turbine Technician
    Great pics Rail! Make sure you try the Fresh Squeezed IPA by Deschutes. That is by far one of my favorites. They're Black Butte Porter is really tasty too.

WideTheF#%Open likes this.
  2. WideTheF#%Open

WideTheF#%Open Full Member

Left Lane Cowboy & Truck Driving Hero
    Coastal Washington in the PNW, call it PARADISE!
    "I'M GONNA BUY ME A MERCURY AND CRUISE IT ON DOWN THE ROAD..."

So, if you're gonna buy youse a Mercury and cruise it on down the road, make sure it's THIS Mercury, LOL... saw this bad boy in Westport while cruising the docks, WTF, it's all ya need, 10-4??? I'm tossing in some dock shots, but up here they call the docks "floats"---meh, works for me. Here's the bad boy Mercury, complete with burly tires and roof rack for camp gear or fishing coolers, LOL.

IMG_4111.JPG IMG_4112.JPG IMG_4113.JPG IMG_4114.JPG IMG_4116.JPG IMG_4107.JPG IMG_4117.JPG

Here are those bonus dock shots:

IMG_4108.JPG IMG_4109.JPG IMG_4110.JPG

Had an awesome dinner of fish & chips yesterday, along with a bowl o' primo clam chowder at Bennett's Fish Shack in Westport, that place serves delicious seafood... a bit pricey because Westport is a tourist trap, but worth it to me because I was hungry and I didn't feel like burning another steak on the grill in my campground, LOL. Hey, there's a SURF CONTEST in Westhaven this weekend, Westhaven is part of Westport and the contestants will surf waves off the jetty... rain or shine, I intend to be there to witness the action. WTF, I'm a big boy now, I can drink beer in the rain if I want, and I'll wear my goddam cowboy hat as I do it, "10-DASH-FO'???"

I won't get all liquored up to drive the few short miles back to my campground, no future in that, but I'll probably swill a cold Deschutes brew or two as I watch the contest, maybe just take a shot or two of rum if the scene looks like a bust. I'll be sure to take pics of the contest and post 'em up when I get the chance, that'll be cool... I went ahead and extended my stay here for six more days, gonna look at more fixers in the days ahead, and I'm hoping other real estate listings pop up on the market this weekend. ALRIGHT, TRUCKFORUM HEROES, TIME FOR THIS KID TO RAMBLE ON, I'M HEADING BACK TO MY CAMPSITE FOR ANOTHER BEE-YOO-TI-FUL NIGHT O' SLEEP, LOL.

MIKEG, THOSE DESCHUTES ALES DON'T SUCK, I'VE BEEN ENJOYING THE HELL OUTTA THOSE WHILE CAMPING, LOL... I'LL TRY THE BLACK BUTTE PORTER NEXT, 10???

I FOUND A PLACE IN WESTPORT WHERE I CAN PICK UP FREE PALLETS TO BURN, THE PALLETS ARE ALL STANKY FROM FISH & WHATNOT, BUT THEY RIDE ON THE CARGO CARRIER DURING THE SHORT TRIP TO MY CAMPSITE...

THOSE SAME PALLETS SMELL LIKE A FISH FRY WHEN I BURN 'EM IN MY FIRE RING, LOL... WINNER!!!!! :eek:

MikeG likes this.
  3. WideTheF#%Open

Hey, MikeG, those Black Butte Porters were GOOOOOD, LOL... bought some more Mirror Pond Pale Ale and another Deschutes brew called Obsidian Stout, I'm thinking that will be a kick@$$ brew. Visited the kittehs today, looked at a home but didn't like the neighborhood or the price, now I'm in the library for a moment before doing laundry. Got a pile o' laundry the size of K2, gotta knock it out today so I can check out the surf contest this weekend, yeah? Washington's largest surf contest, or so the claim goes... we'll see soon enough, the contest actually began today but I had to run and do these things I'd planned, so f#% it, there's always manana and Sunday. Camping is great, but these days of errands are like friggin' work, LOL. I'm gone all day and tired when I return to camp, but I'm slowly catching up on the good sleep...

This relocation business can be exhausting, and mine started in Arizona, with a 1300+ mile trip done in one shot between then and now, 10??? So I've been bone-weary at times, just heller tired from the whole gig, but it's getting done... I'm gonna throw another lowball offer the bank's way for that property on over an acre of land, the home needs everything but it has great potential, nice metal roof and large room up front for the pool table. We'll see what happens, I'm hoping other real estate listings pop up this weekend. Here are some shots of my campfire last night, using those stanky fish fry pallets, LOL. WTF, they make a good fire, and I don't even bother knocking 'em apart, too much noise that way, I'd rather have the ginormous flare once the fire takes, AYE???

IMG_4138.JPG IMG_4141.JPG IMG_4142.JPG IMG_4143.JPG IMG_4144.JPG IMG_4145.JPG

Here are my empties this morning... some of 'em anyway, LOL.

IMG_4146.JPG IMG_4147.JPG IMG_4148.JPG IMG_4149.JPG

That last pic is of a little kite & curio shop near the entrance to my campground... haven't even been inside it yet, been too busy running around and knocking out relocation tasks, 10-4??? Oh, yeah, I got a line on a job driving a log truck... the realtor's husband owns a couple of trucks and I already talked to him about possibly driving for him once I'm settled. That's be a cool gig, driving a big ol' Petercar into the forest for logs... local work too, no sleeper on the truck, LOL. Meh, one thing at a time, I've already seen enough going on here economy-wise to know that I'll find work of some sort. I haven't even walked into the mills or the port buildings yet, let alone the fishing fleet offices and whatnot in Westport. That home in Westport is off the table, the renter is some poor gal who survived domestic violence, no need to evict her just to buy the property.

MikeG likes this.
  4. WideTheF#%Open

Had a blast at the surf contest, Saturday was ugly but Sunday was perfect weather-wise... we have a week of fine weather ahead as well, I'm talking Chamber of Commerce weather, when the sun shines in the PNW it is f#%ng GOLDEN. Met some cool folks at the contest, took some names & numbers for later, sailing, shooting stick, BBQing, etc. I was impressed by the dedication of these PNW surfers, they're out there rain or shine, and the waves are good in Westport. There's a long-@$$ jetty which juts out into the ocean, thing must be damned near a mile long... I reckon there's a jetty north of the harbor entrance too, looked like one over there in Ocean Shores, but I'm not sure it's as long as this southern jetty, I remember seeing it when I was in the Army but I don't recall it being so long. I suppose the Corps of Engineers built these jetties, they are real pieces of work, lemme tell ya. I can't even begin to imagine how many tons of stone are in the jetties, the figure must be astronomical... there are huge driftwood logs atop the jetty too, stranded by powerful storms in the past, there's even a tsunami evacuation route in local signage, LOL.

Anyway, I'm on a time budget so I'm just gonna post up what shots I have, there will be a few rounds, LOL. I visited the kittehs earlier today, I'm staging their jailbreak for Wednesday, when they will rejoin me in a campground. These campgrounds in coastal WA are amazing, friggin' picture postcard scenery... I'm enjoying the heck outta my stay. I do things all day and crash hard at night, this gig is going to toughen me up or finish me off, don't know which yet, LOL. I have lines on several properties here, but I wanna check Westport again, I'd love to live in that little burg, right on the edge of the continent. Good surfing & bathing beach too, the water felt pretty warm yesterday. But if I wind up in Raymond, that's okay, it's not that far to Westport. The sailing on these twin harbors and coastal beaches will be excellent, there's good breeze and some radical scenery... as soon as I have an address, I'm gonna buy a small sailboat on a trailer, maybe get an outboard and reinforce the transom for when I simply want to use the boat as a fishing skiff... leave the rig at home and take the rod & bucket, LOL.

HERE WE GO ON A LITTLE TOUR OF THIS CORNER OF THE PNW:

IMG_4378.JPG IMG_4379.JPG IMG_4380.JPG IMG_4381.JPG IMG_4382.JPG IMG_4383.JPG IMG_4384.JPG IMG_4385.JPG IMG_4386.JPG IMG_4387.JPG

That stained-glass crab & egret or heron were in a realty office, LOL.

MikeG likes this.
  5. WideTheF#%Open

Round #2 of pics:

IMG_4389.JPG IMG_4390.JPG IMG_4398.JPG IMG_4399.JPG IMG_4403.JPG IMG_4406.JPG IMG_4409.JPG IMG_4412.JPG IMG_4414.JPG IMG_4417.JPG

MikeG likes this.
  6. WideTheF#%Open

Round #3 of pics:

IMG_4420.JPG IMG_4421.JPG IMG_4424.JPG IMG_4425.JPG IMG_4428.JPG IMG_4429.JPG IMG_4432.JPG IMG_4435.JPG IMG_4436.JPG IMG_4437.JPG

One of the hands I met drives that little Mini Cooper, LOL. Hey, MikeG, that DayGlow IPA is damned good!!!

MikeG likes this.
  7. WideTheF#%Open

Round #4 of pics:

IMG_4439.JPG IMG_4440.JPG IMG_4441.JPG IMG_4442.JPG IMG_4445.JPG IMG_4446.JPG IMG_4447.JPG IMG_4449.JPG IMG_4450.JPG IMG_4451.JPG

MikeG and Nate4x4 like this.
  8. WideTheF#%Open

Round #5 of pics:

IMG_4455.JPG IMG_4456.JPG IMG_4458.JPG IMG_4462.JPG IMG_4464.JPG IMG_4465.JPG IMG_4466.JPG IMG_4467.JPG IMG_4468.JPG IMG_4469.JPG

A surf etiquette sign... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Damn... that last pic is of the contest poster.

MikeG likes this.
  9. WideTheF#%Open

Round #6 of pics:

IMG_4470.JPG IMG_4471.JPG IMG_4473.JPG IMG_4475.JPG IMG_4476.JPG IMG_4477.JPG IMG_4478.JPG IMG_4480.JPG IMG_4482.JPG IMG_4483.JPG

Those slugs were drag racing in my campsite, LOL. Y'all can see how much better the weather was at the contest on Sunday... surf too, you'll see some good lefts & rights off those peaks if ya look closely enough, and some good waves by that jetty. Most surfers dropping in at the jetty went right, but one crazy fool took lefts toward the rocks... a good way to destroy your board, LOL. More pics to come...

MikeG likes this.
  10. WideTheF#%Open

Round #7 of pics:

IMG_4485.JPG IMG_4486.JPG IMG_4487.JPG IMG_4488.JPG IMG_4489.JPG IMG_4490.JPG IMG_4496.JPG IMG_4498.JPG IMG_4500.JPG IMG_4503.JPG

MikeG likes this.