"Got Chrome??? How about Armor???"

Discussion in 'General Truck Forum' started by Railsplitter, Dec 20, 2010.

1. 007redneck

007redneck Full Member

Ax Murderer
    #571 007redneck, Nov 13, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
    Check it out, worst workmanship I've ever done in slapping this substitute door in place for the duration of my stay, I was in a hurry to watch football so I couldn't be bothered with details, don'tcha know? Paint on that old door blew the f#% out as I rammed the hole saw through it, LOL, and the trim pieces are SPECIAL... as in Special Ed, 10-4??? Door was the wrong size to begin with, you understand, but it was the closest match and it only cost me $16. The duct tape as a seal adds the crowning touch... funny thing is the door swings beautifully on the hinges, and the kittehs now have a nice little door of their own to enter & exit the ghetto flat, WOOHOO!!! BTW, there's a strip o' cardboard up top serving as a windbreak, it's hidden by the duct tape, LOL. Here we go, enjoy the pics, shots of the kittehs are thrown in as a bonus, AYE??? :rolleyes:

IMG_7865.JPG IMG_7868.JPG IMG_7872.JPG IMG_7873.JPG IMG_7877.JPG IMG_7874.JPG IMG_7875.JPG IMG_7876.JPG

Did I mention that the door is hung upside down & backwards? That's so the kitteh door is in the right place, it has to do with kitteh ergonomics, LOL. Gotta like the taped-up blocks as spacers for the cat door, while the strips hammered over the knob holes on the hinge side of the door are a classy touch, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Damn, if this were anything BUT a temporary situation, I'd say the guy who hung the door should be TAKEN OUT & SHOT, 10-4??? However, the door DOES swing beautifully on the hinges, and the landlord's door is ready to slap back on in record time once I bail, I'll just strip the knobs I bought and the kitteh door before I toss this miserable abortion of an entry door to the rental flat, LOL. o_O

IN THE MEANTIME, I'M THINKING THE OVERALL GHETTO-NESS OF THE DOOR WILL ATTRACT HOT RETRO PUNK CHICKS, MAYBE A FEW GOTHS & MINIMALISTS, LOL. :eek:

CHEERS, YOUSE KNUCKLEHAIDS!!! I'M OFF TO MACK TURKEY & WATCH A GOOD MOVIE, AN OLD SCHOOL FLICK & NOT THE TRASHY POLITICAL PROPAGANDA THOSE HOLLYWOOD SCUMBAGS CHURN OUT NOWADAYS, AYE?!?!? :confused:

2. 007redneck

007redneck Full Member

Ax Murderer
    Been watching football, doing laundry, and detailing my two SE Racing pedal bikes... I plan on riding that long boardwalk in Westport manana if the weather holds, that boardwalk is scenic and I've already noticed some fine wimmin on it, LOL. No crowd, of course, just awesome beach scenery between the historic lighthouse and that mile-long monster jetty, 10-4? Hope the weather is as fine as it has been today, it's supposed to hold till Tuesday but I'll check the NOAA forecast before I crash tonight. Got heaps of primo turkey soup for dinner, I've been eating turkey for a week straight after I bought that 15-lb. bird, LOL. Took one or two burger breaks in between, but that bird was one heckuva warmup for Thanksgiving, I'll do another soon enough, since they're on sale... but I might do a big ol' roast on Thanksgiving Day, nothing wrong with a beef roast and homemade mashed potatoes covered with gravy, a little deli-style horseradish sauce on the side for the beef chunks I carve off the slab, AYE??? Anyway, here are the bikes as I detailed them, they still had a little Arizona trail dust on 'em, don'tcha know??? :eek:

IMG_7914.JPG IMG_7915.JPG IMG_7916.JPG IMG_7917.JPG IMG_7918.JPG IMG_7919.JPG IMG_7920.JPG IMG_7921.JPG IMG_7922.JPG

What can I say? I like clean bikes, including the rims & hubs... dirt, mud & trail dust are VERBOTEN!!! Violators will be SHOT!!! :help:

LOL... if I ride the boardwalk tomorrow, I'll snap some cool photos!!! That boardwalk is really beautiful, it runs for at least a mile or two between the historic lighthouse and the jetty, and vice versa... I can always pedal into town from the jetty end and tour the docks, there's a bayside boardwalk as well. Of course, the docks are called "floats" up here, which suits me fine, I don't care what they call 'em, LOL. Hey, I might buy a primo '82 XL250R to run these logging roads, dude kept it in climate-controlled storage for a quarter century, so the bike looks like it came out of a time capsule, 10??? Street legal bike too, it'd make a good form of alternate transport during good weather, and there are a $h!tload of logging roads I'd like to explore in the future... I'll know how to access many of 'em if I wind up driving a log truck, LOL. I'm also looking at an Albacore 15 sailboat on a trailer, might make the perfect PNW cruiser for patrolling the beach in Westport, plus I can leave the rig at home and slap an outboard on a beefed-up transom to cruise & fish the Willapa River & Willapa Bay. Damn, I love South Bend, WOOHOO!!!:woot:

3. 007redneck

007redneck Full Member

Ax Murderer
    Boy, what a day!!! Had a blast, rode the boardwalk, picked up some charts, met a CLASSIC OLD HAND who runs a marine supply store (chandlery) in Westport, saw some INCREDIBLE vehicles which made automotive history, had lunch & a beer with the old hand and his somewhat younger wife, enjoyed a leisurely drive back to South Bend, the whole day was just so goldurned enjoyable... a really fun time, no complaints from this old OTR truck driver, LOL. Lemme just post the shots, and y'all will see what I mean... o_O

IMG_8122.JPG IMG_8123.JPG IMG_8124.JPG IMG_8125.JPG IMG_8126.JPG IMG_8127.JPG IMG_8128.JPG IMG_8129.JPG IMG_8131.JPG IMG_8132.JPG

That boardwalk is beautiful, if ya wanna ride it all ya gotta do is locate the historic lighthouse in Westport, head a block or so to the beach and park, unload your bike and head toward the on-ramp, LOL. Hey, T-Bone, check out those waves, bro!!! Nice peaks and shore breaks with peeling lefts & rights, there must have been two dozen surfers out today, maybe a few more scattered along the beach at various breaks... the jetty has nice waves too, this cheesy Canon cam doesn't do 'em justice, many waves today were at least head high, 10-4??? More pics in a moment... :rolleyes:

4. 007redneck

007redneck Full Member

Ax Murderer
    Round #2 of pics:

IMG_8133.JPG IMG_8134.JPG IMG_8135.JPG IMG_8137.JPG IMG_8138.JPG IMG_8139.JPG IMG_8140.JPG IMG_8141.JPG IMG_8142.JPG IMG_8143.JPG

Killer beach & jetty shots... nice weather too, LOL. After returning to the Camry and loading my bike on the cargo carrier, I drove to Englund Marine and bought a couple of charts for the Twin Harbors (more on that later). Englund Marine is a modern store, but they directed me to another shop or chandlery where I met Virgil, the classic older hand who showed me some amazing vehicles... his chandlery has a large loft filled with all kinds of historic stuff, while an addition in back houses what amounts to an automotive museum, and that ain't no lie. Lemme grab another beer outta the fridge, and you'll soon see what I mean... back in a moment, aye? ;)

5. 007redneck

007redneck Full Member

Ax Murderer
    Round #3 of pics, this is where it REALLY gets good, LOL:

IMG_8144.JPG IMG_8145.JPG IMG_8146.JPG IMG_8147.JPG IMG_8148.JPG IMG_8149.JPG IMG_8150.JPG IMG_8151.JPG IMG_8152.JPG IMG_8153.JPG

Ascending to the loft was like stepping back in time... old school signs, ads, heller old maps, just a separate reality, like stepping into a museum or time capsule. In fact, we're just getting started on the historic stuff, wait till y'all see what this hand Virgil had on his property, LOL.

6. 007redneck

007redneck Full Member

Ax Murderer
    Round #4 of pics:

IMG_8154.JPG IMG_8155.JPG IMG_8156.JPG IMG_8157.JPG IMG_8158.JPG IMG_8159.JPG IMG_8160.JPG IMG_8161.JPG IMG_8162.JPG IMG_8163.JPG

Forgive the glare and the cheesy camera work in certain shots... couldn't be helped with this cr@ppy Canon cam. That's my new friend Domino in the last pic, you'll see why she's called Domino in a moment, LOL. :rolleyes:

7. 007redneck

007redneck Full Member

Ax Murderer
    Round #5 of pics:

IMG_8164.JPG IMG_8165.JPG IMG_8166.JPG IMG_8167.JPG IMG_8168.JPG IMG_8169.JPG IMG_8170.JPG IMG_8171.JPG IMG_8172.JPG IMG_8173.JPG

White cat with black spots = Domino, LOL. Works for me!!! It was cool of Virgil to let me wander around in the loft for 20 or 30 minutes on my own, trippin' on all the historic cr@p up there... but no worries, Domino followed me around and kept me company, as you can see in one pic, LOL. Hey, how about that Diamond T truck poster??? That one's for MikeG, I think he's still mad at me for the boating comment earlier, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I still luv ya, man, just not in the Epic F@gtard Darwin Failure sense, LOL. CHEERS!!! :cool:

8. 007redneck

007redneck Full Member

Ax Murderer
    Round #6 of pics:

IMG_8174.JPG IMG_8175.JPG IMG_8176.JPG IMG_8179.JPG IMG_8182.JPG IMG_8183.JPG IMG_8184.JPG IMG_8185.JPG IMG_8186.JPG IMG_8188.JPG

The pirate skeleton was CLASSIC, LOL. Check out some of that old school stuff in the other pics, and sweet little Domino following me around, the crazy girl... o_O

9. 007redneck

007redneck Full Member

Ax Murderer
    Round #7 of pics, here's where Virgil gave me a personal tour of his automotive museum, a truly spectacular surprise for me... that old Packard Caribbean had my name all over it, LOL. Check out the rigs in this set of pics:

IMG_8187.JPG IMG_8189.JPG IMG_8190.JPG IMG_8191.JPG IMG_8192.JPG IMG_8193.JPG IMG_8194.JPG IMG_8195.JPG IMG_8196.JPG IMG_8197.JPG

Fuzzy dice shot goes with the red T-Bird, LOL. How about the chrome bullets on that Packard bumper??? More on that rig in a moment... boy, I sure loved seeing all that old school chrome, a real surprise and unexpected treat, 10-4??? :bow:

10. 007redneck

007redneck Full Member

Ax Murderer
    Round #8 of pics:

IMG_8198.JPG IMG_8199.JPG IMG_8200.JPG IMG_8201.JPG IMG_8203.JPG IMG_8204.JPG IMG_8205.JPG IMG_8206.JPG IMG_8208.JPG IMG_8209.JPG

Perhaps my favorite round o' pics... there's Domino, keeping tabs on me as Virgil gives me the automotive tour, cat's making sure I don't slip one of those primo convertibles into my pocket, LOL. Check out the Hudson logo, I LOVE that logo with the castle keep or tower and the old sailing ship, it is AWESOME!!! When I commented upon the interior of the Hudson, Virgil invited me to sit in the driver's seat, which I did... about that time, Virgil said, "That's how comfortable cars USED to be!!!" LOL... a real hand, old Virgil, we hit it off alright, I even invited him to lunch and a cold beer. As I was climbing out of the super-comfortable Hudson, I noticed the spoked wheels I had missed earlier on the Packard Caribbean, and that Packard logo doesn't suck either, LOL. What a cool ride, that car has my name all over it!!! Seriously, I felt like "The Karate Kid" checking out those old convertibles with Mr. Miyagi... er, I mean Virgil. There's Domino again in the last pic, that darned cat gets around like nobody's business, but we became good friends during my visit. ;)