i got old and don't remember it

Discussion in 'General Truck Forum' started by mudseeker, Jun 16, 2016.

1. mudseeker

mudseeker Senior Member

fixer of many things
    i read.......i skim through the forums once in awhile and i just think in my head "sell it" on almost every post. trying to keep a truck alive for whatever reason you may have just does not sound like fun to me anymore. i guess i can blame it on my red truck i had, that thing drained me of my soul. now with the current truck, if something breaks, i just turn the radio up louder or wait till the light on the dash burns out.

guess i'll go pretend to work now.

leolkfrm, gmctrucks and MrMarty51 like this.
  2. MrMarty51

MrMarty51 Full Member

Hi Mud seeker.
    I guess they could call it "Burn Out". I suffered from that once. Took a very very long time before I could pick up a wrench again.
    It did happen though. Today I am happy to keep My old pigup in grand condition.
    Now alls I need is to get finished with this triumph Motorcicle{waiting for cousin to get money for parts} and get it cleared from the garage so I can get the 59 W100 in and do some work on the T~Case, then install the Jeep steering shaft onto the 79 K20 thyen :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::; LOL

leolkfrm and gmctrucks like this.
  3. mudseeker

mudseeker Senior Member

fixer of many things
    i don't mind working on things to kill time or because i want to. i just find it hard to muster the motivation to work on the daily beater. i have a 84 in the pole barn that i would love to finish if i had the funds. honesty, if the beater gave me more fits than it already does, i would probably trade it in. around 8yrs of my life i tried to keep a truck running and in good condition. i learned to despise that truck.

MrMarty51 and leolkfrm like this.
  4. poncho62

poncho62 Full Member

semi retired
    Home Page:
    I guess I am an old fart too....have had old cars and trucks for the last 45+ years. Always enjoyed working on them until about 5 years ago. Sold them and bought a newer to me 1997 truck. Love it.
    Just to keep my hand in and all my tools busy, I play with old garden tractors now.

Attached Files:

MrMarty51, leolkfrm and gmctrucks like this.
  5. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

#5 gmctrucks, Jun 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
    I had a 1976 Firebird that I nearly sold I mean I was already looking at newer bird but I figured out what the problem was what I had did I installed better heads and little bit of a better cam to get up I changed out the lifters and water pump and front timing cover along with the gears and chain and I couldn't get it to idle correct it was acting as if the new cam was wsy bigger than I had specially made for my use well it was just that I had to adjust the valves old school rather than what was recommended to end this it ran super nice it had that slight cam sound and could get up and move so much I left my brothers 74 Firebird in the dust.:applaud:

I got old as well with my truck but I'm young at heart I can say my dad of 90 years old is as well I spoke with him yesterday my dad is cool. :applaud::)

MrMarty51 and leolkfrm like this.
  6. leolkfrm

leolkfrm Full Member

never enough time!....

gmctrucks and MrMarty51 like this.
  7. MrMarty51

MrMarty51 Full Member

My biggest problem is motivation. Somedays I`d just like to stop doing anything but everytime I try to lay on duh couch and watch TV, My mind is always on what I could be getting done. :btruck::crush::rofl::rofl::rofl:
    Money too is a problem. Lots of mechanical things here that could be done, just not enough "FUN TICKETS."
    I DID SPLUREG A WHILE BACK. Got parts for the 110 John Deere. It now fires and runs and the generator/starter works as it should. New Delco Remy armature and windings that I found on ebay for very reasonable. Now trying to figure out what for drive belts, for the PTO to the Mule and from the Mule to the deck. Nothing listed in the JD parts site is correct for belt lengths.
    Did some work and got the deck mounted though.
    Back end still on blocks.
    IMG_2545.jpg

gmctrucks, leolkfrm and poncho62 like this.