New Exhaust Tweak?

Discussion in 'GMC Truck Forum' started by IDGAF, Dec 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. IDGAF

IDGAF New Member

Just purchased a new performance exhaust system from Corsa, and had it installed. Part Number: 14925BLK. Spent a lot of money, looks beautiful. I want it to be a bit louder. Once warmed up, you can barely hear it, its similar to stock. Im looking for slight improvement to increase how loud it is while not swapping out my system. Is this at all possible? Any ideas? Please and thank you!

2. dirtrider73068

dirtrider73068 Senior Moderator
    Staff Member

sales associate
    Put a different muffler on it, I have a 40 series flowmaster dumped under the bed, has a good rumble and is fairly loud when you romp it, can hear me coming down the road, downside is alot of cab drone noise there is a hum going down the highway but i learned to deal with it.

3. jkeaton

jkeaton Full Member

Engineer
    Yep. Swap out the muffler for something more aggressive. Too bad you spent all that money and are not satisfied with it.

4. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

Did it include a free flowing Cat if not look on eBay for a Magnaflow free flowing Cat it’s under $80.00 bucks and if you have more than one Cat maybe you remove some of them.

Another thing I had Glasspak muffler one in two out well when I changed out the stock Cat to one from EBay the muffler was loud or for me it was so I went with a 40 Flowmater muffler and it’s just right like baby bears soup was. :rofl: