obd1 code 67

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Forum' started by gaftop1, Nov 7, 2009.

1. gaftop1

gaftop1 Full Member

94 c1500 4.3 4l60e. have had a code 67 since i bought this truck (2 months)my book says it has something to do with the torque converter and another code list says it's low freon. recharged a/c, reset computer and 67 is back. which code is right and if it's the tc what can i do about it?

2. leolkfrm

leolkfrm Full Member

3. gaftop1

gaftop1 Full Member

ok now, how do i fix it? trans is shifting fine.

4. Case 7230

Case 7230 Senior Member

Good info from Leo. The converter clutch locks and unlocks the two parts of the converter so you may not notice any shifting problem, in fact, you may not notice any difference at all if the clutch is not locking up. However you may get reduced MPG and the trans may run hotter.
    Ont thing you could do is clean the electrical plug connectors to the trans. just in case there is a bad connection.
    If that doesn`t do anything your best bet is get it put on a scanner to try to pinpoint the problem.
    Just my thoughts.

5. leolkfrm

leolkfrm Full Member

someone must help me verify, did the 4.3 have the tc switch in the dizzy like the 7.4? if so it may be the problem

6. 1500cheyenne96

1500cheyenne96 Senior Member

construction laborer/ hand on family farm
    No i don't think it did if it's E tranny all the controls are in the trans i think heres a wiring diagram

Attached Files:

7. crabtruck

crabtruck Senior Member

TCC internal. 67 will set for failure to engage or disengage, same code. Will reset by itself when fault gone. Don't think 94 had any codes for AC, careful what lists you read. 67 will block TCC engage and in hot mode will block 4th. Either the solenoid is bad or the feedback is fail. Pulling the plug on tranny will set other codes, at least if key goes on. Check connections for speed sensors while there.