Old School Visor With New School Ideas

Discussion in 'Ford Truck Forum' started by GENE C HALL, Oct 14, 2017.

1. GENE C HALL

GENE C HALL New Member

Hello ,
    I recently purchased a brand new roof visor from CARid, it came with plain sheet metal screw and direction for attaching a rear spoiler
    I would really love the look of a visor installed on my 2015 F250 Super Duty, but I do not want to drill into the roof of my truck.
    After allot of thought, I think I've come up with an idea. Summit racing sells a rear louver hardware kit. it consist of plates with a stainless steel bolt welded on one side and industrial grade 3M adhesive on the other. I had a louver on my 2015 SS camaro it held up well on the back glass. but what if I cut these plates and formed them to roll with the lines of my roof so it achieved 100% connection. then broadens the pre drilled holes on my new visor and bolted it that way. I feel as though the adhesive could possibly hold up better than a self tapped in thin roof sheet metal.
    Please tell me what you think.
    Thanks all.

2. GENE C HALL

GENE C HALL New Member

the image shows the kit, id have to purchase two as there are 8 points of connection

Attached Files:

3. MikeG

MikeG Full Member

Wind Turbine Technician
    Only issue I see with using the kit it the 3M stuff not being strong enough to hold at highway speeds. I had a Lund Visor on a 93 Bronco; I could see it flexing while driving. There is less wind volicity on a louvre so 3M adhesive would be strong enough to hold.

gmctrucks likes this.
  4. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

They do make special screws so it won’t leak they use them on roof racks and one uses a special tool to install the screws.

MikeG likes this.