Pics of your Chevy!

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Forum' started by ChevYvehc, Aug 27, 2006.

1. elpound

elpound Member

I always liked the 88 to early 90's Chevy trucks

Buds1990 and Lurch like this.
  2. Lurch

Lurch New Member

It's my first truck. I'm 25 and know very little about vehicles but it was a smokin deal. I'm excited for the ups an downs that it will bring me :)

3. WideTheF#%Open

WideTheF#%Open Full Member

Left Lane Cowboy & Truck Driving Hero
    Well, you'll learn about trucks here, that's for sure... just looking at that pic ya posted, I'm thinking new paint and new rubber, those two things alone will boost the value of that truck, provided it has no major mechanical issues. Go back a page or two and check out JT Ward's truck, THAT is how ya want YOUR truck to appear, LOL. Nothing wrong with a camper shell, but if yours makes the truck look cr@ppy, get rid of it, slap new gel coat on it, paint it, do whatever it takes to make the rig look good. And don't hesitate to ask questions about improving your rig, there are plenty of guys here who know heaps about trucks... I'm not necessarily one of 'em, LOL. As others would say, "Welcome to the forum!!!" A good place to start turning your rig into a mobile castle, so to speak, 10-4??? And by that I mean a STYLIN' RIG in which to go offroading, camp in the wilderness with friends, all that good $h!t, AYE??? :btruck:

Lurch likes this.
  4. Lurch

Lurch New Member

Wow.. I don't know what to say. I'm smiling like a kid haha thanks for the reply. As far as mechanical issues it lags a bit when I accelerate if that makes sense. It does better when its warmed up. Stalled several times in reverse when I backed it down a steep driveway (it has half tank of gas). Long story short I paid $1,300. It was her husbands who passed away last year and his wife had a estate/yard sale last week. 142k miles. The frame has some rust but it seems to be intact. I hope I'm not in over my head. I would like to keep it for a long time but if it becomes a real headache I will just sell it for it for what I paid or slightly more..

Definitely gonna need these forums after I start to look into her more seriously...

5. WideTheF#%Open

WideTheF#%Open Full Member

Left Lane Cowboy & Truck Driving Hero
    #585 WideTheF#%Open, Jul 31, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    Wouldn't expect it to perform like a NASCAR truck, especially if it has been sitting for awhile, as it seems to have done. A new fuel filter might eliminate some of that lagging or hesitation, the very first thing I'd check since the part is relatively cheap. Timing and vacuum leaks might also be the culprit(s), as others will tell ya... I noticed that the hood looks crimped, unless ya just set it down without locking it in place. If the truck has been sitting for a long time and it looks scary under the hood, try a general tuneup: oil & oil filter change, new air filter, new plugs (correctly gapped), new plug wires, new distributor cap & rotor, a timing check, etc., these are things you can do yourself (even if ya need YouTube tutorial videos), no need to waste money by paying somebody else to do all this work. If ya don't have ramps or jack stands, you can put one side of the rig up on a curb to get the room ya need to pull some of that maintenance. Oh, yeah, top off the fuel tank and throw in some additives, same for the oil when ya change it, that'll help smooth out operation and mend any seals that might be going bad... Lucas makes a nice additive for tranny fluid too, wouldn't hurt to add some of that. My 15-year-old Camry was starting to (white) smoke upon starting, since the valve guide seals were going kaput, but the additives helped soften those seals and get them working properly again. Little things like that can make a BIG difference, and also save ya money in the long run. I must say, the front end looks good on that truck o' yours, try and keep it that way so the resale value doesn't drop like a rock, LOL. :eek:

Lurch likes this.
  6. Buds1990

Buds1990 Full Member

Retired
    Post a picture when you can. I have a 1990 Sierra (same as Silverado) for 3 months now and it is finally coming together. Just a few little things to fix yet. I'm retired so it gives me something to do. I really like the 1988 - 1998 trucks. Good luck with yours. Bud

7. smokybandit

smokybandit Full Member

paid fisherman
    Lady ran a stop sign. Was doing about 50mph pulling a 32' fifthwheel......
    Got several calls from GM due to the air bags not deploying.

IMAG0850.jpg

elpound likes this.
  8. Brad lee andrews

Brad lee andrews New Member

IMG_20170807_125745059.jpg IMG_20170807_125745059.jpg IMG_20170807_130345554.jpg IMG_20170807_125745059.jpg IMG_20170807_130345554.jpg IMG_20170807_125745059.jpg IMG_20170807_130345554.jpg IMG_20170807_125745059.jpg IMG_20170807_130345554.jpg This is my daily release.

gmctrucks, kbrown11 and elpound like this.
  9. ScorpioBob

ScorpioBob New Member

20160605_115348.jpg My 87 3/4 ton I bought off of Craigslist for $1900 with 91,000 original miles

Attached Files:

kbrown11 and elpound like this.
  10. Joseph Hernandez

I posted a picture a while back of my 88 k1500 that use to belong to my father, but I picked myself up a new truck a couple weeks ago figured I would share. 2017 Z71 LTZ my second dream truck right after ol red.

Attached Files:

MikeG and kbrown11 like this.