Railspitter got your ears on?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by chevychase, Dec 4, 2017.

1. chevychase

chevychase Semi-Admin
    Staff Member

SELF EMPLOYED
  2. WideTheF#%Open

WideTheF#%Open Full Member

Left Lane Cowboy & Truck Driving Hero
    HaHa, Mr. C, you funneh... didn't catch this earlier, but better late than never. Guess my old 90-m.p.h. rig would draw unwanted attention on that grade. I remember driving across the San Rafael Swell in UT on a regular basis when I was hauling IBP (meat loads) from NE & IA to CA, and backhauling produce to the yard in western IA... there were some long 5% and 6% grades on the Swell, the kind where a driver could see all the way to the bottom, curves and all, right? Well, I used to love FLYIN' down one grade on the westbound side, I'd kick the shift lever into Neutral to hit "Mexican Overdrive"--- loaded goldurned rig going over 100 m.p.h. down that grade, LOL. The only worry was a blown steer tire... that would've been heller dangerous on the grade, 10-4? Thankfully, I had good rubber all around, no blown tires at triple-digit speeds... :eek:

3. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

Talk about fast Rail my son did some work on his Bimmers exhaust something with the down pipe and installed a much bigger intercooler which keeps the turbo cooler then he tuned it I’m telling you that thing can get.

WideTheF#%Open likes this.
  4. WideTheF#%Open

#4 WideTheF#%Open, Dec 10, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
    Yeah, and it feels even faster in a loaded big rig, even though the driver's elevated perspective tends to make one's speed appear slower... but the rumbling of the rig as it thunders down a grade is enough to make a driver sit up and take notice, LOL. In those days, the Swell was pretty desolate, nobody around for miles, which is why I'd let the truck rip down those grades, 10-4? Most drivers referred to their rigs as "Dragonfly Trucks"---draggin' @$$ up one grade and flyin' down the next, LOL. To this day, I still have fond memories of the good times in trucking, before the industry was ruined by scumbag politicians kowtowing to globalist trash. I used to camp out on the Swell too, in any one of a half dozen view areas strewn along that stellar geological feature... I'd stop at the City Market in New Castle, CO, buy some hot deli food and throw some beer on ice in my sleeper, then thunder west to the Swell, sail through the cut and claw my way up that first grade where the road goes through the San Rafael Reef. Once on top, I'd hammer down until I reached whichever view area I wanted to camp in, nobody around and a hundred-plus-mile view over canyonlands to the south. Great venue, the San Rafael Swell, with a million stars overhead at night... I'd sit in a folding camp chair with a bottle o' Heineken in hand, watching a fiery Utah sunset before doing some stargazing, yeah? Every now and then a car or truck would pull into the view area, usually for a few minutes while they drained the ol' bladder and tossed trash into the cans. More rarely, another trucker would pull in for the night and we'd have a beer together, maybe sittin' in my truck with the stereo cranked, LOL. Yeah, I miss those good times, and even though OTR driving was a financial dead end, I don't regret a minute of it, I got to see the country before these scumbag politicians started ruining it, the dirty swine... meh, they can't take away my good memories, so p!$$ on the traitorous trash, AYE??? :flamingmad:

gmctrucks likes this.
  5. WideTheF#%Open

Damn, that was a good game between the Steelers and Ravens, a one-point game with a trick ending, LOL. :eek:

6. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

Stealers 39-Ravens 38 it was a good game.

Rail talking about politicians ruining things our president thinks we shouldn’t be worried about climate change I don’t agree just look already how our weather temps have been changing I hope things get better for our kids and there kids can see this world as we have ok back to seeing Tim Allen in The Santa Claude 2 ok guys all of you have a great week and be safe.