Searching for a truck

Discussion in 'General Truck Forum' started by DavidPelt, Jul 4, 2018.

1. DavidPelt

DavidPelt New Member

#1 DavidPelt, Jul 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
    Hey everyone,
    I’m currently in the process of searching for a truck. However, I’m new to the field and would like to do some research before buying one. I don't have a fixed amount with me, I came across a truck financing service here in London. I hope that someone from this forum could give me some insight based on their own experience and knowledge. The three truck brands I’m curious about are Dodge, Ford and Chevy Silverado.
    Two specific models I’m most curious about are the Ford F-150 and Chevy Silverado 1500. The Silverado 1500 is fully capable and highly configurable. Its powertrain options are highlighted by a pair of strong and refined V-8 engines whereas F-150 is the most complete and compelling full-size pickup to be found. I haven’t decided on a specific Dodge pickup model. But, I have had the brand both suggested and not suggested to me. The main thing I’m focused on is the trucks reliability. What truck holds up the longest, has had the least reported defects, and if it goes wrong, has the cheapest parts to repair it?
    I need to go with something reliable. I understand that no truck is perfect. So, if something goes wrong I’d like to get it back on the road at the least cost, as soon as possible. Thank you for your suggestions.

2. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

STAY AWAY FROM FORD ECOBOOST engines mega trouble just buy a regular engine me I’m a GM man my truck has 208k miles and doing great my brother has a HD Duramax it has I think it’s around 276k miles and run like new.

MikeG likes this.
  3. dirtrider73068

dirtrider73068 Senior Moderator
    Staff Member

sales associate
    I am also a GM guy, I have a dodge it was 77 year was good truck, my dad has had a few fords back in the day and they were junk and to me still are to this day. Dodge I have never been a fan of, they look good run good but have issues. Chevys to me are good trucks not much issues, my 94 has 250k on it 50k with a rebuilt motor and never lets me down starts and runs all the time and runs good at that.

gmctrucks likes this.
  4. Materialwar

Materialwar New Member

Driver
    Home Page:
    I'd go with Chevy Silverado 1500 as I am a comfort person. It looks better too and the spare parts are easier to find