The where you from thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Jaimeson, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Jaimeson

Jaimeson Senior Member

Govt
    Where you from and where are you now. I'll go first.

I'm born and raised 21 years in north central IN. Corn, beans, and hills!

Been livin down in southern MS for the last 6 years, it's startin to grow on me...my home away from home.

Pallet Pete likes this.
  2. Oldmech

Oldmech Full Member

Retired
    SE Iowa. I was born and raised here. After I got out of the bees, (And divorced ) I spent some time traveeling, mostly down south, stayed with a bud in alabama for a time, and eventually ended up living in the florida keys.. met a gal down there, that convinced me to move back where she was from.. southern Maine.. lived there for 18 years... have a LOT of friends there... but, i got tired of the... how to say it??? oh well, here goes.... I got tired of the CITY people that were moving there... they wanted to live in the country, but they wanted all their city ways to come with them... more and more of them were NOT nice people. You wave or smile at them, and say hi, and you get a snear.... like, who the F are you? It just wasnt for me.. I cannot deal with people like that, I spend too much time in jail.. my wife was talkin about divorcing me... we packed up and moved back out here to the midwest... man, WHAT a difference!!!!!!!! I can smile and wave again without someone flipping me the bird. Every person you talk to doesnt seek to gain some advantage.. It is a joy, and a pleasure to be back among real people again, and As a bonus, I have not gone to jail ONCE sinse we got back here.
    I know, it will eventually change here as well... the death of America i call it. For now, the good old midwest is resisting and holding...

3. greg1984GMC

greg1984GMC Full Member

Small town Wisconsin. About and hour or so from Minneapolis / St.Paul.
    Lived all over as a kid, spent a year in an even smaller town in Iowa.
    (very friendly place) also spent about a month in Indiana (Grissom AFB)

4. chevy_girl_85

chevy_girl_85 Senior Member

auto technician
    Born in Reno, NV and lived in Sparks, NV for a couple of years
    Moved to Washoe Valley, NV for 14 yrs
    Went to Phonenix, Avondale and Glendale, AZ for college for a 1 1/2 yrs
    Back to Washoe and moved to Carson City, NV then back to Washoe for a couple of years
    Now I'm currently living in Elko, NV where I hope to stay planted!

I can't stand the big cities or one horse towns so so far Elko is right up my alley!

5. 87c10slammer

87c10slammer Senior Member

factory worker making a/c and heating units.
    born in florida, my mom moved from there was i was less then a year old to philly PA where i spent the first 11 years of my life.. when the neighborhood starting going downhill my mom decided it was time to move so we moved to the suburbs of philly and i have lived here since. i met the wife when we were 11 and have been off and on untill about 8 years ago. we got married a few years ago and had 2 little girls. i bought a house about a mile from my moms and we have been living the life since. now that one is in school the wife went back to school to be a nurse and i own a shop building nasty *** street cars. in january i take ownership of a local speed shop that has been in business for over 50 years. the owner is a family friend and he is getting to old to take care of it anymore and since he never had any kids he felt i was the next best thing. all the paper work is already signed so im just counting down the days. i know thats a little more then they the question at hand but i figured it kinda fits.. lol

6. Yallrun

Yallrun Full Member

System Administrator
    Hum Born in Waco TX moved to Dallas till I was 8. Moved to New Jersey for a year then cameback to TX, Houston TX that is. Grew up here, been a good life even with all the ups and downs. I'm 42. :)

7. 87c10slammer

oh yeah btw i just turned 25 the begining of this month..

8. chevychase

chevychase Semi-Admin
    Staff Member

SELF EMPLOYED
    #8 chevychase, Nov 20, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
    Live in a small Town in Virginia ,. Lived in Winston Salem N.C. for 5 years . Moved back to the Mountians . Been married 27 years today. Have two kid of my on, both grown now.
    So i adopted two more when they were 2 months and 2 years old , now they are 8& 10 . time flys. My hobbies are antique radios , have about 7 that i have restored. Two cars 67& 68 impalas
    I have a 91 silverado z71 looks new, my favorite. Enjoy forums making post . Just enjoy doing anything worth while. I,am a carpenter by trade build houses additions ect. Iguess call me a jack of all trades master of none. The main staple here is coal mines . I could go on but guess not. Oh my name is Kent.

9. MI0706

MI0706 Well-Known Member

Plant Engineer
    Grew up in east central Indiana... 9 years of Naval service sent me to Florida, Virginia, and New York... Now I live in west central Indiana... I've lived here for the past 10 years... I'm ready to move to Arizona or southern Nevada, the winters here are starting to kill me... LOL...

10. 87c10slammer

sounds like me to a T.. lol.