weather

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by chevychase, Jan 6, 2012.

1. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

Houston low 74 high 94 chance of rain 20%

MikeG likes this.
  2. WideTheF#%Open

WideTheF#%Open Full Member

Left Lane Cowboy & Truck Driving Hero
    Coastal Washington in the PNW, call it PARADISE!
    #7642 WideTheF#%Open, Jun 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    Still warm here in the mountains, but we're supposed to have slightly cooler days ahead. Gonna get out this weekend and take my mind off relocation worries... got a rodeo in town for a couple of days, and there's a skateboard contest at the local park on my birthday, so I reckon I'll attend both events. My friend Jake is helping with the skate contest, he's a Navajo BMX rider who rips, very smooth & stylish in the bowls. Pulls big air off the spine too, a very good rider... there's no BMX division in the contest, but if there were then Jake would probably win it, LOL. :eek:

There will be Navajo riders at the rodeo too, I'm sure... they're big on horsemanship, and many of 'em are lean & fit (kinda like Jake, LOL), they make good athletes when they commit to a sport. Like many Navajos, Jake doesn't drink, I think maybe he had some DUI trouble when he was younger and he swore off the alcohol. No worries, he's still totally cool, no overt hostility toward Whitey or any of that drama. I get along alright with most Native Americans, though it can be hard to gain their trust after the U.S. gubmint f#%d 'em over so many times in the past. :confused:

Hey, the rodeo begins tomorrow afternoon with "Mutton Busting"---where little kids ride atop sheep for as long as they can hang onto the critters, LOL. No worries, the kids wear helmets & pads and whatnot, so the damage is limited... might be a bloody nose in the bargain, maybe a limb stomped by a crazed sheep, LOL. Later, the big boys ride broncs and rope steers, while the gals do the barrel racing and all... should be a fun time, even as a spectator. Think I'll charge the Hero Cam and take it with me, bring the Canon as well for still shots to post here. Same goes for the skate contest, might be some good action there, LOL. :rolleyes:

WELL, THAT'S IT FOR NOW, GOT SOME HAND COMING TO HAUL OFF THAT OLD QUEEN-SIZED BED IN THE BACK ROOM, WON'T BE NEEDING IT ANYMORE... I HAVE TWO NEWER BEDS, GOT MY USE OUT OF THAT THIRD ONE OVER THE YEARS. JUST MAKING MY UPCOMING RELOCATION A LITTLE EASIER, THAT'S ALL... ;)

EDIT: BED IS GONE, ONE LESS ITEM TO WORRY ABOUT AS I MOVE, LOL... MEH, IT WASN'T SHOWROOM, DARNED CATS HAD SHREDDED IT, BUT WTF, IT WAS A FREE BED. :cool:

gmctrucks and ISLAND TRITON like this.
  3. WideTheF#%Open

"HOLY SHEEP $H!T, BATMAN, THIS MUTTON BUSTING IS BIGGER THAN WE THOUGHT!!!"

Turns out you can Google "Mutton Busting" and see some classic footage, I'm just gonna include a link to one video that was relatively short... evidently, this tiny tot mutton-busting is BIG in many states, this video clip I include is from a rodeo in Houston.

Alright, I'm back to my entertainment program for the night, y'all be good, CHEERS!!! :rolleyes:

gmctrucks likes this.
  4. ISLAND TRITON

ISLAND TRITON Full Member

Bit of rain, drizzle and fog today

122_0419.JPG 122_0424.JPG 122_0427.JPG 122_0428.JPG 122_0433.JPG 122_0432.JPG 122_0441.JPG 122_0435.JPG 122_0437.JPG 122_0416.JPG

MikeG, gmctrucks and WideTheF#%Open like this.
  5. WideTheF#%Open

#7645 WideTheF#%Open, Jun 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    Had a pretty good weekend so far, went to the rodeo yesterday and had a blast, it was worth every penny of the $10 admission. Definitely a young man's sport, that rodeo... boy, it hurt my lower back just WATCHING some of those riders take that abuse, LOL. When the riders slammed back atop the steers or bucking broncs with each jump, you know their muscles and spines were taking heller abuse... better them than me, I reckon, you can call me a coward and I won't be offended, LOL. Must be all sorts of aches & pains after a rodeo, and that's not even counting the possibility of being kicked in the head by an ornery critter that weighs far more than you do... :eek:

The mutton busting was hilarious, some of those poor kids didn't make it very far out the gate, but others hung on and rode the sheep out till it got tired. The calf riding was more serious, some of the kids had poor luck on the draw and wound up with critters way too much for them to handle. At least none of the kids got hurt, just shaken up a bit. And the gals doing the barrel racing? Some of them rode like DEMONS, their horses getting sideways in the turns (looks spectacular, but costs in time), and the flying finishes at full gallop were something else... those horses were going FAST!!! Like there might have been a throttle and some extra horsepower hidden somewhere on the rig, LOL. ;)

I drank too much last night, so the very first presents I had this morning on my birthday were a hangover and a puking session, LOL. Meh, got past all that and went to the skateboard contest, which was also great fun and brought back a whole heap of memories. Some of those kids & young men were damned good riders, but every time one ate $h!t in a spectacular wipeout, I was secretly glad to be a SPECTATOR, LOL. That ol' concrete hasn't gotten any softer over the years, as I discovered last year when I rode that fat poolriding stick I bought from the local skate shop. No worries, it felt good to cheer on the contestants, and I had a few good laughs with 'em too... :cool:

For instance, at one point in the program the commentator (Weldon, a damned good skater who volunteered his services) asked riders and spectators to gather in a bowl so that my friend Jake and a couple of gals could toss freebies high into the air... the resulting mad scramble for caps, T-shirts, stickers, etc., was pretty funny, most of the swag donated by the local skate shop. There was a nice deck up for grabs too, Jake threw it high in the air above the mob and some teen caught it, but not before catching a nice rap on the chin... later, that teen and I had a good laugh when I told him the nice new laminated deck was worth the clip on the jaw, LOL. :rolleyes:

I took a bunch of photos and video at both events, but I'm not sure how they turned out... too tired to mess with 'em now, but I'll share 'em in the near future. I have to see about signing up for YouTube so I can post the videos, I think I've about reached my limit at Vimeo, and there's no way I'm PAYING to do this, cheap b@stard that I am. I know I tried to sign up at YouTube before, but for some reason I couldn't... a computer glitch of some sort. I'll try it again tomorrow, or whenever I get around to it. Alright, I reckon that's it for now, I'm just gonna chillax tonight, all that spectating done wore me out, LOL. Ya know you're getting OLD when the spectating takes it out of ya, "10-DASH-FO'???" :confused:

56 YEARS ON THIS PLANET AS OF TODAY, BOYZ!!! JURASSIC WORLD HAS NOTHIN' ON ME, WOOOHOOO!!! :btruck:

gmctrucks likes this.
  6. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

Houston low 76 high 98

Yesterday it was hot but we had some cloud cover so it did make a difference when driving around I picked up some juice to vape then from there I went to Home Depot to buy to toilet flappers the guest restroom flapper is leaking every so often so I just changed it out I also bought a usb six foot charge cord to charge my vape mode and I bought some AAA batteries for my trucks remote because when the battery goes low it doesn’t work as good meaning I have to be right by my truck to unlock it or remote turn it on then I went to Sonic and bought me a strawberry and banana shake I drank it outside sitting in my truck listening to music now this was around 7:00 or so in the evening so while parked my truck temp hit 210 which was all good but when driving it goes down a lot but she doesn’t overheat.

I was talking to my daughter yesterday I told her let me when it’s good for you for me to drive to San Antonio the see you and my grandkids oh yesterday the oldest turned 14 time sure does go by quick.

I hope all you guys have a good week! :)

7. WideTheF#%Open

Beautiful morning here, was gonna water earlier but it felt so good lying on the rack with the kittehs, windows all open and a nice cool breeze flowing through the house, that I said to heck with it, I'll do it this evening. Gotta clean all the hummingbird feeders here in a few moments, before that ol' sun gets too high... I already made the sugar water, it's cool enough to dump into the feeders once I clean 'em up a bit. Gotta keep my little feathered friends happy, they're a cheerful lot and I always consider them to be good omens, or bringers of luck. :)

GMC, they don't make flappers like they used to in the old days, I noticed how cheaply made they are (in China) when I bought some for this house, and these were the best that the Depot had to offer. I remember the nice black rubber flappers made in the U.S. back when dinosaurs roamed the earth, those things were bulletproof and lasted many years... all this modern foreign cr@p is designed to wear out in no time, or start leaking in irritating fashion so you're forced to buy another. Kinda like these Chinese house slippers: I can't find a pair that lasts more than about three months, PFFFFFFFT. :confused:

WELL, I'D BETTER GET ON THE HUMMINGBIRD FEEDER ROUTINE, IT USUALLY TAKES AT LEAST AN HOUR TO PULL 'EM ALL DOWN, CLEAN 'EM & REFILL 'EM... :rolleyes:

gmctrucks likes this.
  8. WideTheF#%Open

#7648 WideTheF#%Open, Jul 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    Alright, the hummers are all set, and I went through the still shots I took recently... the rodeo shots were taken in the heat of the day, those stands all filled up as the main event kicked off at 1900 hours. Guess I was too high up in bleachers for this Canon cam to pick up any great detail, so all I have are some long-range shots of the kiddie events and the flag gals... could've sworn I took some shots of the bronc-busting, but maybe I was lit by then and didn't bother with it, LOL. I'm not sure whether I took any Hero Cam footage at the rodeo, haven't checked yet. Meh, at least y'all can see the venue and the fine weather, it was nice once that ol' sun dropped low enough to cool things off... no cover over the bleachers, so I had to wear my cowboy hat for shade, luckily there were some signs atop the bleachers that provided a bit of shade for one's back. Anyway, here are some rodeo shots:

IMG_3053.JPG
    IMG_3054.JPG
    IMG_3055.JPG

Dammit, I pressed the wrong button... back in a moment with more shots.

IMG_3056.JPG
    IMG_3058.JPG
    IMG_3062.JPG
    IMG_3063.JPG
    IMG_3064.JPG
    IMG_3065.JPG
    IMG_3066.JPG

Meh, these shots don't do the events justice... there was the stick pony race for tiny tots, the "boot scramble" where kids take off their boots and put 'em in a pile before racing to put 'em back on and cross the finish line, plus the mutton busting which was hilarious, guess none of the riding shots came through clearly enough, all you can see are some sheep roaming around the arena. Ah, well, I have another round of shots, we'll see what comes up... remember, by nightfall these stands were packed, these shots were taken midafternoon when things were just getting started.

9. WideTheF#%Open

#7649 WideTheF#%Open, Jul 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    Round #2 of rodeo shots:

IMG_3067.JPG
    IMG_3068.JPG
    IMG_3069.JPG
    IMG_3070.JPG
    IMG_3071.JPG
    IMG_3072.JPG
    IMG_3073.JPG
    IMG_3074.JPG
    IMG_3075.JPG
    IMG_3076.JPG

When those flag gals rode out at the beginning of the main event, they rode this really cool pattern at high speed, like some kinda figure eight with an extra loop, the riders all missing each other by narrow margins as their horses galloped along... it looked cool, again the pics don't do the event justice. I guess I didn't take any pics of the big boys riding the steers and broncs, I suppose I was into the riding by then and didn't bother with the camera. Meh, maybe next time... those last two shots are of the park, where I know I took a bunch of Hero Cam footage, be awhile before I get all that sorted out. That last shot shows some teen pulling a kickflip while riding past, I had a good seat for the action, should be some good close-up footage of that bowl where it gets steeper right in front of me. Alright, I'm off to grab a beer, ADIOS, TRUCKFORUM HEROES!!! :cool:

P.S. I guess one shot of that water truck wasn't enough, had to take three, LOL. Hey, I just noticed that in the first skatepark shot, my friend Jake is catching big air on his BMX bike... gotta look closely, but you can see him once you dial it in, he's flying off that hip and landing on the wall beyond, 10-4? :eek:

10. ISLAND TRITON

ISLAND TRITON Full Member

My great uncle is selling his house for 99K bucks

122_0557.JPG 122_0558.JPG 122_0559.JPG 122_0560.JPG 122_0561.JPG

MikeG, gmctrucks and WideTheF#%Open like this.