weather

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by chevychase, Jan 6, 2012.

1. WideTheF#%Open

WideTheF#%Open Full Member

Left Lane Cowboy & Truck Driving Hero
    #7671 WideTheF#%Open, Jul 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    I like the old Land Rovers from the '60s & '70s, those things were heller cool... the Range Rover was more of a yuppie poser rig, LOL. Another solid rig from back in the day was the '70s Toyota Land Cruiser, those things were pretty tough. Sunny here now, but we had some rain earlier and I'm hoping we get more this afternoon, the air gets so cool & fresh after the rain, yeah? That last rain shower cooled the temp down quite a bit, so I went ahead and opened all the windows, there's a nice breeze flowing through the house as I write this. :cool:

Y'all know I'm gonna flip my house, right? And truth be told, for the past month I've been thinking of trying my luck in the Pacific Northwest... even though WA is a blue commie state, there are several counties where property prices & taxes are still reasonable, aye? Hell, in my mind I've already been halfway to the Northwest... and this morning, out of the blue, I get a call about a driving job. Super 16 dump truck hauling cinders (lava rock), just the rock or gravel bucket, no trailer of any sort... dumping cinders at job sites, highway projects, and residential driveways. :dtruck:

I went to the yard and talked to the guy in charge, nice enough guy as far as running the show goes, it's not a huge outfit but they stay busy *MOST* of the year... I told him straight-up that the winter slowdown was my greatest concern, I'd rather have steady year-round work, ya know? But we'll see what happens, he may find what he thinks is a better applicant, though we hit it off alright and he could tell I've done some trucking... we actually had a few good laughs talking about stuff that happened on the road. I'm not averse to staying here in the White Mountains, it's a paradise on earth, I just gotta have steady work. :confused:

I still intend to flip this home of mine, and I don't mind either, there are other cool properties to be had, and I'll make some money off the flip. I need to free up some of the cash locked up in this home, that's just the way it is, but I don't HAVE to move elsewhere if a good job comes along... elsewhere meaning out of state, 10-4? I could conceivably buy another property here in this area, downsizing a bit home-wise but probably getting more land... the older I get, the more I like having land around me to spread out the neighbors, LOL. Meh, I still may load the rental truck and head for the Northwest, juggling the cats as I go... :rolleyes:

ANYWAY, JUST THOUGHT I'D GIVE Y'ALL AN UPDATE, HAD MORE FOLKS HERE TODAY LOOKING AT THE HOUSE AND THEY MIGHT BE THE ONES TO BAG IT, THEY SURE LIKED THE LAYOUT... WE'LL SEE WHAT HAPPENS. o_O

P.S. Y'ALL WANNA KNOW JUST HOW MUCH OF A BLUE COMMIE STATE WASHINGTON REALLY IS??? WELL, GET THIS: I READ ON THE WEB THAT THEY ALREADY ENACTED LEGISLATION TO TEACH "GENDER IDENTITY" IN KINDERGARTEN... YES, THAT'S RIGHT, KINDERGARTEN. :eek:

I'D ASK WHAT THE WORLD IS COMING TO NOWADAYS, BUT I RECKON YA ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWER, LOL. :help:

gmctrucks likes this.
  2. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

#7672 gmctrucks, Jul 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    Houston low 75 high 90 chance of rain 30% be safe guys!

Rail did any of that dust or tons of rain hit you???

ISLAND TRITON likes this.
  3. WideTheF#%Open

#7673 WideTheF#%Open, Jul 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    We've had rain every day lately, the other day we had a good downpour that lasted awhile... this morning we had some light rain, I'm hoping for more this afternoon, courtesy of the monsoon. Shared some quality time with the kittehs this morning, lying atop the already-made bed with the windows wide open, feeling that cool rain-freshened air roll into the room... it's a wonderful feeling, I gotta tell ya, that cool air feels like a million bucks. I like having cool fresh air in the house, no matter where I go I'll make that happen, even if I have to put in extra windows. These are all sliders here, I don't miss those louvered windows we used to have in the ol' beach cottage... they were a PITA to clean, but they DID offer more air flow than sliding windows. The key there is to install big ol' sliders, that way there's no difference. Dual-pane sliders too, I really like these dual-pane windows in the mountains, they come in handy whether you wanna keep the house warm or cool. Never had any need for dual-panes on the coast, but here they are mighty useful. I heard one can buy triple-pane windows as well, but that seems like overkill unless you're living in Antarctica. :eek:

P.S. It's funny, how much I love the rain since I moved here... knowing that my roof doesn't leak and I won't have to climb up at zero-dark-friggin'-thirty to sweep the flat roof sections, LOL. That's the greatest priority for me when buying a house: the roof can't leak, and NO FLAT ROOF SECTIONS!!! :rolleyes:

gmctrucks likes this.
  4. WideTheF#%Open

Rain's a-comin' down now, Boyz… a few more good steady soakers like this and the back of the drought will be broken. Crackhead is hiding under the bed, that last round of thunder put the scare in him, LOL. :eek:

gmctrucks likes this.
  5. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

Houston low 76 high 92 chance of rain 30%

6. WideTheF#%Open

Raining again, and I'm lovin' every minute of it... the forest is drinkin' it up too, these good soakings are just what the ground needs. All that wildlife that has been heller thirsty in past weeks will have plenty of water, and I even see a few patches of green on my dirt "lawn"---grass just starting to come back after days of rain. At least my Ponderosa Pines look good, a couple of the less hardy-looking trees were starting to brown out, but these monsoon rains should solve that problem. Water is truly the fluid of life, I hope it rains for days on end so the forest recovers and the Stage 3 Fire Restrictions will be lifted. :rolleyes:

gmctrucks and ISLAND TRITON like this.
  7. ISLAND TRITON

ISLAND TRITON Full Member

Supposed to have a storm on the way. A decent trade for some water.....our water was gone for a couple days, I don't know if it still is or not

2018-07-12-07-03-38.jpg 2018-07-12-07-22-14.jpg 2018-07-12-06-57-53.jpg 2018-07-12-06-55-56.jpg 122_0761.JPG 122_0756.JPG 122_0808.JPG 122_0810.JPG

gmctrucks and WideTheF#%Open like this.
  8. ISLAND TRITON

And down comes the rain.....found a good truck for 500 bucks, if only she wasn't a 67 hour drive away.......

20180712_130251.jpg 00w0w_lCIPypcRUiM_600x450.jpg

gmctrucks and WideTheF#%Open like this.
  9. WideTheF#%Open

That's not a bad price, unless the other side is all torn up, LOL. A new or rebuilt motor (if necessary) and fresh paint, whatever else the truck might need, and you're good to go... what little I can see of the interior looks alright, the dash isn't cracked, the seats look alright, headliner isn't hanging down. Too bad there aren't more photos of the truck, it'd be interesting to know the story behind it... might be some simple problems to fix, and the owner thinks those problems are worse than they really are, LOL. :confused:

gmctrucks likes this.
  10. ISLAND TRITON

Only thing obtensibly wrong is brakes feel a bit weak. Not a bad deal, brakes are important but fairly cheap to deal with. I'd go through those, do a cheap blue paint job and use her as a private land use truck.

00A0A_aZBC0f4LuCq_600x450.jpg 00f0f_gq4dg79sq0l_600x450.jpg 00n0n_fGHwXZsw8mz_600x450.jpg 00T0T_b7gDAI1IxKM_600x450.jpg

gmctrucks likes this.