weather

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by chevychase, Jan 6, 2012.

1. WideTheF#%Open

WideTheF#%Open Full Member

Left Lane Cowboy & Truck Driving Hero
    Another beautiful morning... got an early start on chores including dishes & laundry, I want to wash all my Mexican blankets before boxing 'em up, though I'll keep 2 or 3 out for camping once I relocate. I also want to wash the small throw rugs and roll 'em up in the Persian carpet (actually an Oriental carpet). Then it's time to box up more stuff, I made a serious dent yesterday and I hope to get most of the other stuff boxed up today, that'll leave me more time to prep other things for the big move. Sometime this week, I want to vacuum the trunk of the Camry and scientifically load my field gear, or at least figure out how I'm gonna load it, that way I'll be ready to go camping once I park the kittehs at a boarding kennel, unload the rental truck and throw my stuff in storage. I may have already found a decent fixer on the coast of WA, I agreed to a price of $47K (pending inspection) and the property taxes are only around $600 per year, which is low for a blue commie state like WA, LOL. But we'll see, no point in building castles in the sky when I haven't inspected the property yet. Anyway, y'all hang loose, I gotta water the yard here shortly, the monsoon rains haven't been very heavy this year... :confused:

gmctrucks and ISLAND TRITON like this.
  2. kbrown11

kbrown11 Full Member

Customer Service Representative
    Worked on the Dakota today, fixed a few small things like the glove box handle was broken and I replaced it with a used one from the junkyard. The driverside has a powerseat with the motor out. I bought a manual seat from the junkyard with no rips for $30. I also replaced a couple burned out light bulbs from my light bulb stash (I collect used light bulbs from the junkyard and I have a large assorted stockpile in a bowl lol). The previous owner of the Dakota told me the front wheel bearings were going out, I ordered 2 online this morning, should have them in this weekend. Pretty cheap compared to the local parts store.

3. WideTheF#%Open

Man, these mornings are great here in the White Mountains: blue sky, sun hitting the tall pines, cool breeze with temp in the 60s, all house windows wide open to get the fresh air... I'm gonna miss these mornings when I leave. The clock is ticking and the days are running down, I'm gonna box up more stuff today, I've made a good dent so far, just a few more household items to load... I'll probably start packing up kitchen gear I won't really need in my last week or two at the house, I'd like to have everything loaded up and ready within another day or two, with the exception of a few things which will fit into one or two boxes right before I bail. So far, so good, I'm also down to just the quality furniture I want, got rid of some pieces I didn't really need for this relocation. :rolleyes:

Loading the rental truck should certainly be easier this time around, I'm not hauling anywhere near as much stuff as I did when I drove here from Dago. Meh, streamlining is good, and I DID donate or sell quite a bit of stuff over the past two years... donations made to the White Mountain Humane Society and the Pinetop-Lakeside Museum, two worthy causes. The older I get, the less clutter I like, and I'm also BIG on recycling unused items and putting 'em back into circulation. I don't mind a few small items of clutter, things of sentimental value, but I'd rather have a few choice items which really stand out, rather than a huge collection of knickknacks which just take up space and gather dust. Not a minimalist, I like décor, just quality décor or unusual pieces, ya know? :cool:

ISLAND TRITON and gmctrucks like this.
  4. MikeG

MikeG Full Member

Wind Turbine Technician
    Still hot as F#(K!! 107 today, going to hit 111 tomorrow. :confused:

5. WideTheF#%Open

Damn, 111 in the Tri-Cities Area??? Might as well be in Anza-Borrego, LOL... :eek:

Hang in there, MikeG!!! Fall is just around the corner, WOOHOO!!! ;)

gmctrucks, MikeG and ISLAND TRITON like this.
  6. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

Houston high 92 low 78 chance of rain 40%

I’m back I got back yesterday at 4:00 in the morning my truck did good again oh the freeways in San Antonio suck very bumpy.

7. ISLAND TRITON

ISLAND TRITON Full Member

Well the road salt is delivered

124_0326.JPG 124_0327.JPG 124_0332.JPG 124_0334.JPG Screenshot_2018-08-09-18-17-55-1.png Screenshot_2018-08-09-18-26-20-1.png Screenshot_2018-08-09-18-24-21-1.png 2018-08-09-19-01-39.jpg Screenshot_2018-08-09-18-16-28-1.png 2018-08-09-18-13-54.jpg

gmctrucks, WideTheF#%Open and MikeG like this.
  8. MikeG

MikeG Full Member

Wind Turbine Technician
    Around 104 and windy as hell, should make it feel cooler

9. WideTheF#%Open

Ya suppose that's why the hull is so rusty? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Damn... :confused:

GMC, haven't they fixed those roads in San Antone yet??? Jeez, makes ya wonder where the tax dollars go... o_O

Good lord, MikeG, that sure is a run of hot weather, hope it breaks for ya soon!!! :eek:

gmctrucks, ISLAND TRITON and MikeG like this.
  10. MikeG

MikeG Full Member

Wind Turbine Technician
    Yeah Rail, this weekend is supposed to be in the 80’s then back up to triple digits next week.