weather

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by chevychase, Jan 6, 2012.

1. kbrown11

kbrown11 Full Member

Customer Service Representative
    Cold front moved in, Logan UT 27 degrees now with a high of 47 today.
    Pic from a mountain trip I took yesterday, it was cold ha:
    IMG_20181030_130512655.jpg

2. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

Houston low 63 high 78 chance of rain 20%

ISLAND TRITON likes this.
  3. 007redneck

007redneck Member

Ax Murderer
    Nice UT pic, nowhere near as cold here but nights are starting to get chillier, don'tcha know??? Oh, yeah, this is my new handle, my tablet went kaput a few days ago, so I broke down and bought a new computer. I'll hafta get a profile pic & avatar up as soon as I figure out how to upload pics from my camera, LOL. Still the same ol' Railsplitter, no worries, off to drink some beer on a splendid evening, I'm watching the last of the colorful sunset from the windows of the Pioneer Grocery Store & Deli... my short-term rental flat is only two short blocks away, and I'll be heading there directly, 10-4??? CHEERS!!! :cool:

P.S. I probably missed some good photos from IT, maybe some of youse other hands, but I'll catch up in a bit, just been heller busy lately getting my stuff outta storage and organizing everything in my temporary flat. This whole "Steel Building Adventure" is wild, but I keep focused and positive, since the end result will be F#%NG RADICAL, LOL... an insulated home/slash/mini pool hall in the woods of coastal WA, no rot & no termites, 10??? That building will be all tricked out too, cozy and warm with a wood stove heating the joint, WOOHOO!!! Call it PARADISE!!! :rolleyes:

gmctrucks and kbrown11 like this.
  4. 007redneck

007redneck Member

Ax Murderer
    Drizzle here today, but it's supposed to be sunny this weekend... gettin' my Internet hooked up at the house and I'll be buying a Roku stick or some other antenna this afternoon at the Scaberdeen WallyWorld, so I don't give a goldurn if it rains all weekend, hopefully I'll be watching football for the first time in nearly two months, LOL. I'm suffering from GWS... Gridiron Withdrawal Syndrome, and it's a bad case, Boyz!!! Might hafta watch football all day every day Saturday & Sunday, with a viewing on Monday night just to be on the safe side, LOL. CHEERS!!! :cool:

gmctrucks and kbrown11 like this.
  5. kbrown11

kbrown11 Full Member

Customer Service Representative
    Logan Utah high of 45 and low of 21, getting colder ha

gmctrucks and 007redneck like this.
  6. 007redneck

007redneck Member

Ax Murderer
    South Bend weather report from my new home network:

"BEER & RUM WITH A CHANCE OF PAR-TAY, WOOHOO!!!" :btruck:

LOL... nice to have home Internet again, even if this rental flat "home" is only temporary, 10-4??? :wheel:

gmctrucks likes this.
  7. 007redneck

007redneck Member

Ax Murderer
    Just macked a primo turkey dinner, gonna call it an early night tonight, LOL. Supposed to drop to 37 degrees tonight, according to the radio... no worries, I'll be snoozin' under a pile of blankets, sure feels good to sleep in a bed again. Kinda glad I got outta the field too, now that the weather is colder... timing was perfect on that 47-day glamping run, what a blast that was!!! Still, I'd be burnin' heller firewood out there to stay warm in this chillier weather... and this rental flat is rather cozy, all I'm missin' is the cute librarian gal, LOL. :rolleyes:

gmctrucks likes this.
  8. 007redneck

007redneck Member

Ax Murderer
    Crashed early last night, now I'm up at 0230 a-rarin' to go, LOL... no worries, I can search listings again, gotta find a piece of land here pronto, otherwise I won't have any address for delivery of the steel building, 10-4? That building is slated to arrive in about 5 weeks, but I might be able to stall the delivery a bit if necessary. I don't wanna unload it somewhere, then have to move it again, that'll cost money, whereas if I find a chunk o' land on which to erect the building, I can simply store the materials next to where the slab will be... or on the slab itself if the slab has already been poured. Note to self: do NOT store the steel building materials where the septic system will be installed, LOL. No point in aggravating my shoulder any further, thing is FINALLY starting to back off somewhat, it never had a chance to heal with everything going on, just when I thought it was improving I'd aggravate it again in the field. Meh, the field exercise is done, now I'm in this short-term rental flat for the winter, I'll post pics of the interior arrangement as soon as I figure out how to transfer pics from my Canon cam to this shiny new computer.

The flat is serving an excellent purpose as an intermediate base of operations, I'm using the "bedroom" as a mini warehouse, with stacks of boxes and furniture arranged in rows, narrow aisles between those rows for access purposes. I'm not even gonna unload those boxes, they'll stay as they are till I have the 1500-square-foot steel building up on the slab... at that point, I can transfer my belongings to the shelter of the building, but for now I'm saving money by storing them here in the flat, no more rental storage unit fees, AYE? Strange to think that I'm actually SAVING MONEY with the flat rental, compared to glamping in the field, but that glamping was AWESOME, even if the kittehs had to watch out for raptors, LOL. They sure toughened up in the forest, thank goodness they had cover in the undergrowth and whatnot, I was concerned about little Crackhead getting snatched by some Bald Eagle the size of Rodan in a Godzilla flick... the eagles up here are FREAKIN' HUGE, largest and healthiest I've ever seen nationwide, and I've seen good-sized eagles in other states, these PNW birds simply outweigh the others, like eagles on steroids or something.

Anyway, I'm gonna go check listings, haven't done it for a few days since I've been busy arranging my stuff in the rental flat. You'll laugh when y'all see my "living room" in pics, got the leather sofa opposite the 65" curved screen, big ol' queen-sized Denver Mattress bed right next to the sofa, bikes & boxes & other furniture in opposing corners, LOL. The arrangement is rather... er... unusual, but it's only temporary, so it doesn't bother me in the least. I actually have a nice little open area in the living room, so I can freely move around, get stuff done, etc. The kitchen is fair-sized too, plenty of room in there, with the laundry nook and bathroom on the far side of the kitchen. Again, both those have enough room for me to handle whatever business necessary, and the kittehs are happy because I've arranged everything in the flat with them in mind, little cat tunnels and cat caves everywhere, LOL. Gotta keep the kittehs happy, otherwise there'll be a prison riot like the one in "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"---the kittehs going off like explosives, yeah???

ALRIGHT, YOUSE KNUCKLEHAIDS, I'M OFF TO GRAB ANOTHER BEER AND SURF THE INTERWEBS... BEFORE I CRASH AGAIN, I'LL MACK ANOTHER TURKEY PLATE WITH ALL THE TRIMMINGS, LOL. CHEERS!!! :rolleyes:

gmctrucks likes this.
  9. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

Houston low 50 high 58 chance of rain 50%

10. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

Houston low 32 high 50 it’s cold for us Texans.