weather

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by chevychase, Jan 6, 2012.

1. 007redneck

007redneck Full Member

Ax Murderer
    Weather is clearing after a rainy night... gonna try and line up a forklift to fork the steel building materials off the truck when the truck arrives, 10-4? Not easy to find a suitable jobsite forklift in this neck of the woods, but I saw a big ol' heavy-duty lift at a nearby boatyard, and I'm hoping I can talk the owner into helping me out for a few C-notes. Shouldn't take long to fork the materials off the truck, but the forklift has to be able to haul 'em up the short dirt & gravel drive which leads to the shelf whereon I intend to erect the building. The driveway is packed dirt & gravel, but a little warehouse forklift won't cut it, I need a lift with burly tires to handle the offroad action. :confused:

gmctrucks likes this.
  2. 007redneck

007redneck Full Member

Ax Murderer
    Raining off & on today, caught this rainbow earlier... pics don't do it justice, it stretched clear across the sky. That's my holiday fridge in one shot, it's even more full now with leftovers, LOL. Gotta have beer, and plenty of eggnog to go with the rum on the counter... :rolleyes:

IMG_8290.JPG
    IMG_8291.JPG
    IMG_8268.JPG

gmctrucks likes this.
  3. 007redneck

007redneck Full Member

Ax Murderer
    Passing showers, supposed to clear up for a few days but be much colder... watching good college ballgames today, but check out this video with awesome dolphin footage, the hand who filmed this sailed a 14' Sunfish 52 miles along the Gulf Coast, in a valiant effort to sail clear across the Mississippi Sound. The video is a bit rough but the dolphin footage is classic, felt like I was aboard Neptune's Chariot while viewing the film, LOL. :eek:

Dropbox - 1080p.mov

Back to Georgia vs. Alabama in the SEC Championship, should be a great game... :party:

gmctrucks likes this.
  4. 007redneck

007redneck Full Member

Ax Murderer
    Car covered with frost this morning... the colder weather has arrived, but it's slated to be clear and sunny all week, just in the low-to-mid-40s, LOL. Meh, no worries, I have jackets & hoodies, and I'm on a mission to look at some land today. I've tried twice to buy this property in South Bend, but the seller never gets the place cleaned up as agreed... so much potential there, but nothing is happening, and I'm on a time budget with this steel building I ordered. Bottom line is: I'm committed to the steel building, since I already threw down $5K cash toward the engineering and the money is nonrefundable, but the building is not necessarily committed to South Bend, much as I like this little burg. Therefore, I'm gonna recon some other properties which are available in neighboring areas, as a cash buyer I can still meet the deadline and have a place where the building can be delivered and stored until the slab is ready. o_O

If I don't find a suitable lot or parcel of land before the building is ready to deliver, I'll have to stall the delivery... which may cost me a bit more in "storage fees." If the jackhole seller of the property here in South Bend had simply cleaned up all the trash & the cr@ppy old trailer as promised, there'd be no problem... but he hasn't done that, even though I've offered to "front" the cleanup costs by tossing more money into escrow. I'm starting to think that this purchase is NOT meant to happen... some sort of cosmic sign that I should be looking elsewhere for a place to put up my building. I still think the steel building is a good idea in the long run, it's just turning into a PITA with regard to location, 10-4? Maybe one of these lots I'm gonna look at today will prove to be acceptable, even if it's in some other town, or even the next county... one way or another, I'm gonna find a place to put up the steel building, LOL. :rolleyes:

I'M OFF TO GET CLEANED UP & HIT THE ROAD, GOTTA FIND A NEW HOME FOR THE KITTEHS & MYSELF... A REAL HOME, NOT THIS SHORT-TERM RENTAL FLAT. :confused:

AT LEAST WE'RE OUT OF THE FIELD FOR CHRISTMAS, AND I'VE BEEN ENJOYING SOME GOOD HOME-COOKED MEALS FOR THE HOLIDAYS... PLUS FOOTBALL ON THE BIG SCREEN, LOL. :bow:

CHEERS!!! :drunk:

gmctrucks likes this.
  5. 007redneck

007redneck Full Member

Ax Murderer
    Guess I'm now "The Omega Man" when it comes to posting... took these shots today while running around, looking at lots, and talking to my friend Virgil up in Westport. I like talking to elders when I have a problem, they give good advice... young tech-minded kids blow 'em off as obsolete dinosaurs, but there's no substitute for a lifetime of accrued wisdom and common sense. I like getting the perspectives of old school locals, they know far more than I know about this area, and buying property is no light undertaking. Anyway, here are the shots I took today, primo weather here as y'all can see in the photos. Gonna be clear & sunny all week, just some fog in the mornings... blue skies sure are nice, would've been good sailing weather in Westport, as long as ya had a wetsuit, vest, booties & gloves, maybe even a neoprene hood. Here we go, starting with the Willapa in South Bend:

IMG_8328.JPG IMG_8329.JPG IMG_8330.JPG IMG_8331.JPG IMG_8333.JPG IMG_8335.JPG IMG_8336.JPG IMG_8338.JPG IMG_8341.JPG IMG_8343.JPG

Shots #3-5 were taken on my way up Hwy. 105 to Westport... the cats were right outside Virgil's shop, enjoying the fine weather, LOL. Not many tourists on the streets of Westport with that chilly breeze, wind had a bite to it today, aye? Still would've been fine sailing weather, and the ocean sure looked pretty from the viewing tower. o_O

ISLAND TRITON and gmctrucks like this.
  6. 007redneck

007redneck Full Member

Ax Murderer
    Round #2 of pics:

IMG_8345.JPG IMG_8347.JPG IMG_8349.JPG IMG_8350.JPG IMG_8351.JPG IMG_8352.JPG IMG_8353.JPG IMG_8354.JPG IMG_8355.JPG IMG_8356.JPG

Last seven shots were taken on the way home, the ride between the Twin Harbors is quite scenic, and it runs along the ocean shore for some distance. Twin Harbors = Grays Harbor & Willapa Bay, both beautiful in fine weather. I'm back to my Monday Night Football and a cold beer... CHEERS!!! :drunk:

7. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

Houston low 60 high 68 chance of rain 80% darn it’s like we get rain here almost every other three days or so I haven’t even washed the new car yet well once but I was way down in south Texas that’s when I had it detailed waxed and all that stuff.

ISLAND TRITON and 007redneck like this.
  8. 007redneck

007redneck Full Member

Ax Murderer
    We're gonna have alternate days of rain and drier weather... my purchase of the lot in South Bend has fallen through again, can't get the absentee owner to clean it up, and he wants too much for me to do it myself, I reckon it'll cost a minimum of $5-6K to trash out the lot and remove the cr@ppy old mobile home, thing is waterlogged so the dump fees alone might bump up the costs, 10-4? I'm looking at some vacant lots now, inside & outside of town limits... hope to find a suitable lot soon, gotta have a hard delivery address for the steel building in 6-7 weeks. There IS a nice lot in Raymond Heights for only $10K, but it would require a new septic system and those are expensive here, four times as much as they cost in Arizona, go figure. I heard that the City of Raymond is gonna lower hookup fees for water & sewer on lots in town, only $1500 each instead of $3500, that's a difference of $4K for both so it might come into play when I buy my lot... had I known how much hassle this whole process would be, I would've skipped the steel building, unloaded most of my cr@p, bought a boat and sailed to Costa Rica, LOL. :rolleyes:

gmctrucks likes this.
  9. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

Houston low 36 high 60 no rain today but it’s coming later this week

007redneck likes this.
  10. 007redneck

007redneck Full Member

Ax Murderer
    Wet weather today, no worries over drought or wildfire in Coastal Washington, LOL... back in the White Mountains of Arizona, drought & wildfire were ever-present dangers, but I reckon I'm done with the Southwest, now the PNW is my home. I feel fortunate to have spent those two years in the White Mountains, even though the long-term work situation didn't pan out... I have good memories of riding the dirt bikes on Rim Road 300, even though I wiped out and thrashed my knee on one occasion. Still bear the scar, but it's no longer impressive enough to earn me free drinks down at the local pub... nowadays, ya gotta have a ring of Great White tooth marks to get a free beer, 10-4? Too much trouble for this kid, I'll just throw down the money, LOL. :rolleyes:

Well, I'm off to perform my daily computer search for a suitable lot on which to put up the steel building... bought a nice Christmas ham yesterday, think I'll throw it in early and mack a nice ham dinner tonight, the ham has the brown sugar glaze on it, which is pretty tasty. Got some decent vegetables to go with it, and some dried peas for making soup later with the ham bone (and remaining meat scraps). Sometimes I use beans to make soup, haven't had pea soup in awhile so I went with the green, aye? Soup is great in the winter, especially hearty soup with chunks of meat & veggies in it... that last pot of turkey soup I made lasted over a week in the fridge, had to steadily plow through it to get rid of it, LOL. Meh, beats starving, I've tried that already and it sucks, yeah??? :confused:

Y'ALL BE GOOD, I'M OFF TO CHECK LISTINGS FOR THE HUNDREDTH TIME... CAN'T WAIT TO FIND THE RIGHT LOT. o_O