weather

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by chevychase, Jan 6, 2012.

1. MikeG

MikeG Full Member

Wind Turbine Technician
  2. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

Houston low 38 high 42 it’s cold

To all my buds here hello I hope all is well with you and your love ones.

007redneck likes this.
  3. 007redneck

007redneck Full Member

Ax Murderer
    Nice snow shots, MikeG, I'm enjoying the Arizona sunshine now that I'm back for good, LOL. Been hammering away at the *new* home, it's looking WAY MO' BETTAH with fresh paint... it looks ultramodern with the rooms all streamlined and whited out, not to mention the white Kilz on all the floors. Had some friends over to party last night and they were amazed by the transformation, they saw the place earlier when they were cutting away the security bars on the doors & windows. I yanked the A/C units out of the windows as well, they'll go directly into the walls here pronto, which frees up more window space and lets even more light into the home. This painting chore is not something I particularly enjoy, but it has to be done before the new carpet goes in, 10-4? Meh, I knew this transformation wouldn't happen overnight, and I'm satisfied with the progress & results so far... kittehs like it too, now that they're growing accustomed to our *new* home. Well, I'm off to resupply and roll out more paint, little by little I will get this job done... I'll be glad when it's finished too, my Infantry feet are tired from standing all week, LOL. :confused:

gmctrucks likes this.
  4. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

Houston low 41 high of 57 and sunshine.

Rail I bought new bedroom funiture I dropped a little over $3600.00 but it’s solid wood so yesterday they assembled it and put it where I wanted it oh this didn’t include the box springs and king mattress I already had them.

Rail let me tell you the wife and I went to painting the room oh a gallon of paint was $36.99 and I bought two gallons plus the rollers and stuff so then we got after it because I had new carpet installed and I didn’t want paint dots on the new berber carpet which I got lucky eHome Depot had it .20 cents a foot it was discontinued so I cane out good.

So I had a older TV and it’s 1080p but it’s huge so I decided to bite the bullet and buy a 43” flat screen the fire stick edition for $249.99 but now I need to install a wall mount so I’m buying one at Harbor Freight today.

I also replace all the wall electrical plugs and light switches and the GFI and the wife chose some nice wall plates for the switches and plugs which were expensive but it’s ok they look good one more thing this funiture is solid wood no cheap pressed sawdust crap so we have been busy ok guys take care and be safe.

007redneck likes this.
  5. 007redneck

007redneck Full Member

Ax Murderer
    Yeah, I've been painting for about two weeks straight, but the home looks WAY BETTER already, and the carpet crew is coming in before too long. I've been doing other stuff too, I hung new gates and got rid of the f/u old ones, plus I'm tackling other projects and generally bringing my home up to speed. It's starting to shape up nicely, it just needed some serious TLC. Weather here has been decent overall, some friends & I had a BBQ yesterday evening on my new Q, thing works great, LOL. These friends are putting up a home on 7 1/2 acres not far from my house, so they're equally busy, 10-4? Hey, I managed to swing through Tombstone a week ago, had a good time walking the streets and checking out the older buildings... reckon I'll post the pics in my thread in the General Truck Forum, y'all will get a kick out of 'em. Cheers!!! :rolleyes:

gmctrucks likes this.
  6. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

Houston low 60 high 78 chance of rain 30% in the morning.

Rail last night I hung a tv wall mount found it on eBay for $22.00 much better than Best Buy they wanted $99.00 on sale from $149.00.

Been getting rid of all sorts of stuff I didn’t really need spring clean up next is the garage which is a mess my boy has all sorts of RX7 parts that need to go and BMW wheels ok buddies take care! :):applaud:

7. 007redneck

007redneck Full Member

Ax Murderer
    Sunny and 70 degrees in Benson, AZ... I was gonna run down to Tombstone yesterday for St. Patrick's Day, but the weather was absolutely perfect for applying that elastomeric coating to the roof, so I wound up doing that instead, LOL. One full coat anyway, the second coat will go on soon... been finishing up the rush job of painting those rooms which will be carpeted, the carpet crew arrives on Wednesday to measure the rooms, then I should have them done within 3-5 days. Once the carpeting is done, I can get my stuff outta storage and start arranging furniture and whatnot. That'll be a happy day, having my stuff again, though I did pull some posters and framed pictures out of storage the other day... I'll hang some of those today as I goof off, it doesn't really qualify as work, 10-4? Drinking beer and hanging wall art, not exactly a rough gig, LOL. Gotta get my nautical chart of San Diego Bay up on the wall, that'll be the first thing I hang, it makes a statement wherever it goes, and I can show guests my home town of Coronado as they join me for BBQ action. Well, that's it for today, I'm off to the store to buy some stuff, including a big ol' pack of yardbird... got a hankerin' for some chicken today, dunno why, but WTF, chicken is cheap, heckuva lot cheaper than thick-@$$ steaks, yeah??? CHEERS!!! :rolleyes:

P.S. The view from my roof is spectacular, I can see at least five different mountain ranges... I'll get some pics of the view and post 'em up when I get a chance, y'all will dig the Western scenery, LOL. :cool:

gmctrucks likes this.
  8. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

Houston Tuesday low 48 high 70 it’s going to be a good day.

9. 007redneck

007redneck Full Member

Ax Murderer
    Nice weather here... gonna have a big ol' BBQ with friends this afternoon, looking forward to the break from home rehab work. :applaud:

I'll be sure to drink a beer for y'all once the party gets started, LOL. :cool: