Went to see my doctor.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by gmctrucks, Jul 13, 2015.

1. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

Today I went to see my doctor I have a summer cold and for me to go I was feeling bad and weak well she gave me some Mucinex and said in four to five days you should feel better while there I had her listen to my Carotid arteries she said it sounds good I also asked her about how my Liver results that came out with my last blood work she gave me the thumbs up which made my day considering all the meds I take for my bad back she ran my blood again because I told her I feel weak she checking my Thyroid which is good so to my buddies of mine here with back problems or just taking lots of meds for a illness please have your Liver check and your Carotid arteries.

My brother which was a HEAVY smoker had a stroke he was around 42 it was due to his arteries being plugged up to date he has trouble talking and other stuff so again please take care of your bodies oh another GREAT thing since July of 2014 I have dropped 38 pounds of tonnage I still need to drop more to help my back and live longer to enjoy my love ones hey guys I love everyone im not a shame to say it im no Holly guy but I believe in the LORD and he wants us to all get along as brother's.
    Be safe! GMC ☺

Some might not feel the same that's fine I understand.

2. jkeaton

jkeaton Full Member

Engineer
    AGREED!!!!! Take care of yourself.

5 people like this.
  3. MrMarty51

MrMarty51 Full Member

Also agreed and liked, if there was opportunity, I would have hit that like button a whole bunch of times.
    I see My doc for rheumatoid arthritis every quarter, before stepping into His office, I go into the blood draw clinic, there is a standing prescription for Me in there, He does check the liver functions so, no worries there, so far, so good.
    I did go through a bout of hep. C virus, Interferon and Rhebtron burned that out, been clean for over ten years now. :applaud: The hep. c made Me tired, very tired, the cure made Me tired too, along with sick. A form of, ohhh, what is that word, chemicals that cures cancer, oh well, I give My self a shot in the belly every three days, that just sucked, just start to feeling better then, another shot of that interferon stuff. Sick, very sick, especially after about the first month. six months worth but, I would doooit again in a heart beat, if ever needed.
    The good Lord, He does watch overall of us. I always think about those "close calls" and how I survived through them, Only way out was, the Lord was watching over and protecting My dummm but. Praise the Lord.

7 people like this.
  4. chevychase

chevychase Semi-Admin
    Staff Member

SELF EMPLOYED
    Gmc you are a kind/great guy!!! Your right..only reason i work..live etc. is for my family.

5 people like this.
  5. Bad88

Bad88 Full Member

Glad things are looking good for you!

I was never a smoker; thankfully! I just can't handle the stuff. Used to drink a lot but hardly anything anymore. Turns out (after being in the Army for 21 years) I have a blood disorder called Factor V Leiden. My blood clots too easily so I have to take 9 mg's of Coumadin daily.

Too late for my neck, back, and joints.

I guess where I am, going with this is that we do not heed good advice until it is too late.

"If I only knew then what I know now".......the girls would be scared (and scarred).

1 person likes this.
  6. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

Marty my very good friend kicked it like you he's clear now isn't it great what advances they have come up with now I hoping a Cancer vaccine is next.

Marty im happy for you and you! ☺

2 people like this.
  7. MrMarty51

MrMarty51 Full Member

Thank You GMCtrucks.

1 person likes this.