Why are the Warranties Same for 1/2 to 1 ton Gas & Diesel Engines.

Discussion in 'General Truck Forum' started by LastRites, Mar 28, 2017.

?

Should the warranties be the same or different?

1. Different-Standard 200k for Diesels Drivetrain

100.0%
  2. Same- Standard 100k for both Gas & Diesel Drivetrain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. LastRites

LastRites New Member

You know I see recently the truck manufacturers have made their truck warranties go up from 60-100k on motor and drivetrain, but I just don't get why. I understand that sound awesome for a gas engine being most now days run upwards 150k and if lucky you get one on a rollout day of Wednesday that will run more miles then that. I say that cause I was a union hand and we do are best work on Tuesday-Thursday see Monday we hate being back at work and a Fridays we are wanting to get out of work for happy hour.

My rant is very simply to understand why is a gas engine warranties the same as a Diesels warranty being Diesel engine will go 250k before recommended tune up but the Diesel engine will normally last well over the 250k<500k and even up to 1 million miles. Everything else falls apart before engine gives out. All the truck manufacturers: Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Toyota, Nissan, and others all claim they have the best cars and trucks but I wanna see these manufacturers offer a standard warranty that makes sense 100k for gas motor and drivetrain and 200k on any Diesel motor and drivetrain. If you have the best car or truck prove it put your money were your mouth is and the 1st one to make a 200k Diesel Warranty will win the consumers trust and money.

2. Copperhead

Copperhead Member

Yeah, the diesels should have warranties in the 150K - 200K mile range. Heavy commercial diesels get 300K warranties standard with options for extended warranties from the OEM up to 750K.

3. WideTheF#%Open

WideTheF#%Open Full Member

Left Lane Cowboy & Truck Driving Hero
    Good point... as for big trucks, I always liked CAT engines, had a beautiful new 470 CAT in one truck and that thing would pull a grade as well as any 500. Uncut truck went 90 m.p.h. too, it only topped out because it ran outta gears (straight 10, woulda been a triple-digit rig with a 13-speed). LastRites, I'm thinking you should forward your rant to the truck makers, maybe add a few expletives, LOL. Sometimes ya gotta crack on those tards, 10-4? :eek: